Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 06:24 PM

4,760 posts, read 13,827,101 times

Advertisements

If cars are stacked up ahead of you at a green light so that you would be blocking the intersection if you moved into it, isn't it illegal to do so?

Tonight I chose to stay where I was until traffic cleared, and the driver behind me went nuts. Honking and flipping me off.

Also in today's driving news, two different times today I watched drivers speed through parking lots at full highway speed. Both times right through a crosswalk with no slowing down. With children steps away.

Today's score:
Common Sense and Safety - 0
Sugar Land Rudeness - 3
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2011, 06:35 PM

61,717 posts, read 87,123,005 times
Well, one should not block the intersection. If there is a danger that you are not going to clear the intersection before the light turns red, then you should wait on your side of the road like you did.

Yeah... we all know that there were drivers and DRIVERS. Sadly, not everyone who gets the Drivers License can actually drive by the rules...

Old 06-07-2011, 06:50 PM

1,534 posts, read 3,494,886 times
Same thing happened to me before. I wish we had horns also at the back of the cars so that we can honk back in their face!

Old 06-07-2011, 06:58 PM

1,211 posts, read 3,557,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonfan View Post
I wish we had horns also at the back of the cars so that we can honk back in their face!
or, a cannon that shoots 100 lbs of dog sh*t in their face would be great also.

Old 06-07-2011, 07:51 PM

3,283 posts, read 6,051,955 times
i dont understand the flying through a parking lot. i was nearly hit walking out of a grocery store with a car that decided he had completed stopping at the stop sign while i was on the pedestrian crossing. how do you almost hit someone in that scenario? i love that it gave me the opportunity to stop completely, drop my bags, and give him the "What are you going to do" move

i am going to end up seriously hurting someone or dieing

Old 06-07-2011, 09:08 PM

430 posts, read 1,256,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCH99 View Post
or, a cannon that shoots 100 lbs of dog sh*t in their face would be great also.
What a great idea! I'm with the rest of you -- if you aren't sure you're going to clear the intersection, just wait. The honking and middle fingers you get from the guy behind you will be nothing compared to the honking and middle fingers you'll get from the people who get a green light and can't get through the intersection because you're blocking it.

Old 06-07-2011, 09:42 PM

3,842 posts, read 8,269,751 times
Gawd I hate rude drivers. I know I have seen signs that specifically state "do not block intersection" so staying behind is the correct thing to do. And flying through parking lots is also pet peeve of mine. Is it really worth it risking peoples lives just to gain a few seconds? I like the cannon idea. If y'all get this going, feel free to hit me up for a contribution

Old 06-08-2011, 07:09 AM

344 posts, read 1,250,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
If cars are stacked up ahead of you at a green light so that you would be blocking the intersection if you moved into it, isn't it illegal to do so?

Tonight I chose to stay where I was until traffic cleared, and the driver behind me went nuts. Honking and flipping me off.

Also in today's driving news, two different times today I watched drivers speed through parking lots at full highway speed. Both times right through a crosswalk with no slowing down. With children steps away.

Today's score:
Common Sense and Safety - 0
Sugar Land Rudeness - 3
You were correct. And those drivers were probably from Richmond or Rosenberg & pissed that they could not get home due to the freeway closure.

Old 06-08-2011, 07:33 AM

594 posts, read 1,249,656 times
So what was the driver behind you afraid of? One car pulling out of the intersection in front of your both?

"Oh the huge manatee!!"

Yeah, people need to calm down.

Old 06-08-2011, 07:56 AM

279 posts, read 724,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
Yes, it is illegal.

This would be good for those situations (skip ahead to the 1:40)

YouTube - ‪My Science Project - Vince Latello: Sit On This Butt Plug‬‏
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: