Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 02:23 PM

25 posts, read 67,535 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston321 View Post
From the builder's perspective, if you close before the end of June, they don't have to make the interest payment on the construction loan.

BUT...from a customer service perspective...you aren't asking for that much time and to me it seems reasonable. They will have to eat the interest payment if they want your business.

If the salesperson doesn't want to budge, ask for Bill or Mike's phone number.
Bill or Mike as the owner of the business?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2011, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhheights77007 View Post
They probably finished ahead of schedule because it hasn't rained in over 90 days. Rain really brings construction to a screeching halt. Do a little rain dance-- maybe that will throw a wrench in their productivity & make the entire city as well.

Out of curiosity, why don't you want to close? I would be ready to move in if I were you.

We don't want to close too early because we need time to do our own inspection. They gave us the finished date of 6/15th, and they want us to close on the 27th, which is the day my husband has to travel. They originally wanted us to close on the 24th, but I want to have a 2nd inspection on the 24th.

I feel they're being unreasonable.

The saleperson has been ignoring my emails, so I guess I have to contact her supervisor.

Old 06-15-2011, 05:17 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,197,318 times
When you get your inspector out there - I would be very surprised if he doesn't come up with a list of items for them to do. If your husband is out of town until the 8th, they will have to work around it. Sometimes they will ask for more earnest money to extend, but it just means less you have to bring at closing.

Old 06-15-2011, 05:22 PM

3,160 posts, read 4,366,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryjohns View Post
When you get your inspector out there - I would be very surprised if he doesn't come up with a list of items for them to do. If your husband is out of town until the 8th, they will have to work around it. Sometimes they will ask for more earnest money to extend, but it just means less you have to bring at closing.
this.
plus let your inspector know your problem, he may be more than willing to help you with the problem

Old 06-15-2011, 07:50 PM

Thank you all for the tips

Old 06-15-2011, 09:06 PM

724 posts, read 1,685,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryjohns View Post
If they said between 80 - 90 days and they started on 4/7 - that means the house would be ready between 6/27 -7/6.
It sounds like they are right on time. Maybe you should have been too.

Old 06-15-2011, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEconomist View Post
It sounds like they are right on time. Maybe you should have been too.
NO, they were going to be about 12 days earlier . If they started on 4/7, then 80 days from that will be june 27th when they will be complete (at their earliest estimation). However, they said they're going to finish on 6/15th. So, no they're not right on time, and I refuse to let them push me around.

Anyway, the house is no where complete by today (6/15). So maybe they'll be right on time, then I will be right on my time as well. So my request for close in mid July is VERY reasonable and right on time. You get what I'm saying?

Old 06-16-2011, 03:07 PM

Unbelievable! Now they want us to have PCO BEFORE our inspection. What the hell!
I'd not recommend NEW MARK to anyone base on them being super pushy.

Does anyone know who's the boss of Bill Ulrich? He's the one being very pushy. The house is not complete yet as of today and he wants us (actually scheduled us) to have PCO on this MOnday. Our inspector is not available until Wednesday and Bill insist that we have PCO before our inspection. I've told him no, and asked him to send me available time after Wed and he has not respond.

I'm so upset to say the least.

Last edited by kddaisy76; 06-16-2011 at 03:22 PM..

Old 06-16-2011, 04:40 PM

1,326 posts, read 3,451,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kddaisy76 View Post
Unbelievable! Now they want us to have PCO BEFORE our inspection. What the hell!
I'd not recommend NEW MARK to anyone base on them being super pushy.

Does anyone know who's the boss of Bill Ulrich? He's the one being very pushy. The house is not complete yet as of today and he wants us (actually scheduled us) to have PCO on this MOnday. Our inspector is not available until Wednesday and Bill insist that we have PCO before our inspection. I've told him no, and asked him to send me available time after Wed and he has not respond.

I'm so upset to say the least.
What is PCO?

Old 06-16-2011, 04:50 PM

1,211 posts, read 3,557,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVD26 View Post
What is PCO?
pre-closing orientation, I would assume.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: