Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 12:55 PM

1,461 posts, read 5,596,839 times

Advertisements

I too would recommend Meineke for your wheel alignment. Advise Christian Brothers about the price and see if they will match it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2011, 01:33 PM

8 posts, read 29,404 times
I've had my car aligned at NTB for probably 3 years (purchased the alignment plan), but a number of times I've had to go back because it felt off. I finally decided to try out Christian Bros near my house (in Missouri City) and immediately noticed it was better than NTB.

I drive a Mini Cooper S.

Old 06-15-2011, 02:34 PM

1,611 posts, read 4,853,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weneversleep1 View Post
Highly recommend Southwest Alignment on Richmond. I take my track cars there for alignments.
Thanks for this suggestion. I just called and they will do the job for $60 in less than an hour so I think I will take a chance and try them - after all, it is the centerpiece of their business.

Old 06-15-2011, 04:25 PM

682 posts, read 1,941,751 times
I had a recent bad experience with NTB. I purchased the 3 year alignment package a year ago and recently noticed a front tire wearing on the outside edge and the car pulling in that direction. Took it back to NTB and told them the problem and they checked the alignment and made some adjustments and said all was good. A month later it is still wearing and pulling...NTB says nothing is wrong. Took it to Firestone and was told they couldnt even align it because of bad wheel bearings and worn tie rods. Had it all replaced and the car drives like new and the replacement tire is showing no signs of uneven wear several months later.

Old 10-09-2011, 08:47 AM

2 posts, read 2,579 times
I took my car to Southwest Alignment based on this thread, and I was not very pleased with the experience. My toe was WAY out of whack, and they gave me a good alignment, but the steering wheel was way off center. Considering they are alignment "experts", I would have expected better. When I took it back they quickly centered the steering wheel, but did so by adjusting the toe by hand and did not hook it up to their computerized alignment machine. When I questioned the accuracy of what they did, they "promised" it was good. I will not be taking my car back...

Old 10-09-2011, 02:09 PM
NTT

723 posts, read 1,833,106 times
Can you spare a little more? If you can, I'd recommend to bring it to Firestone. They have a Lifetime Alignment which means you pay only once and you can bring in your car as many alignments as your car needs it for its lifetime. The alignment is honored at any Firestone location. I think the regular price for this Lifetime Alignment is around $165-170 but they run a special once in awhile for anywhere $125-$145. You may want to check the price at your nearest Firestone. That's about the price for 2 alignments for the lifetime of your vehicle. It's worth it.

Here's the link for more info: Alignment Services | Firestone Complete Auto Care

Old 10-10-2011, 12:43 PM

13 posts, read 26,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaarrEagle View Post
I took my car to Southwest Alignment based on this thread, and I was not very pleased with the experience. My toe was WAY out of whack, and they gave me a good alignment, but the steering wheel was way off center. Considering they are alignment "experts", I would have expected better. When I took it back they quickly centered the steering wheel, but did so by adjusting the toe by hand and did not hook it up to their computerized alignment machine. When I questioned the accuracy of what they did, they "promised" it was good. I will not be taking my car back...
Sorry you had that experience. I am extremely picky about my alignments, and I have always been pleased with SW Alignment.

Ask for the owner (can't remember his name) and tell him about your dissatisfaction. I'm sure he'll make it right.

Old 10-10-2011, 02:01 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,426,125 times
After bad experiences with being sold equipment and repair work that didnt need to be done, I'd never go back to Firestone or Goodyear stations.

I've posted here about GOOD CARE AUTO SERVICE -- 6005 Wilcrest Dr, Houston, Texas 77042 (281) 879-5656 -- in the past. Its a AAA place and the owner Paul is truly an honest man.

I've been taking my 13-year old Jeep there for 5-6 years and GOOD CARE is the reason that I havent traded my dear Jeep in on a new car. ‎ In fact, when the time comes, I'll have them drop a new engine into my car. (They were doing that with two cars last week.)

They wont do anything that's not necessary and they always try to save me $$$ (Mattress Mack could take some lessons from them). If you live within a decent distance and dont want to wait for your car, they'll drive you home and pick you up again.

They're at the intersection of Wilcrest and the Westpark Tollway. I guarantee that you wont post here that you were disappointed in them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston