Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2011, 08:58 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,446,309 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the bike compliments! I love my new bike! It is a FZ6R and I bought it last year. I have been riding since I was 12! I started out and rode an XL 75 Honda Enduro for three years. Then I rode a cruiser bike V-star 650 then moved onto my current sport touring bike. It is not one of those bikes that you have to lay down on the tank to ride it...I like to sit up straight. That is my main reason for choosing a sport touring bike vs. a straight sport bike. My partner rides a super nice sport touring bike...FJR1300. One of the most beautiful bikes I have ever seen. I love modern technology! Zoom Zoom!

I will post a photo of how I sit up on the bike along with a photo of my cruiser sitting next to my white stallion and feeling jealous. And then the FJR1300 and cute friendly pelican that I met today! They are tame and will take food from you! I slipped in some kite surfers also!

Last edited by TVC15; 10-03-2011 at 08:32 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2011, 03:07 PM

7,540 posts, read 11,572,390 times
This is just BS all the way around are votes don't mean jack voting in the first place was a joke. Starting tomorrow if you run a red light you will get a ticket. City wants the money if 400k people voted to turn them off they city does not give a rats ass because the mayor is nothing but a jerk time to get her thrown out of office

Old 07-19-2011, 03:09 PM

448 posts, read 702,451 times
If you get issued a notice of violation just don't pay it. No consequences for not paying. Then find a candidate running against Parker that you can support over her and volunteer in their campaign, put the word out on your facebook and donate to their campaign.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
This is just BS all the way around are votes don't mean jack voting in the first place was a joke. Starting tomorrow if you run a red light you will get a ticket. City wants the money if 400k people voted to turn them off they city does not give a rats ass because the mayor is nothing but a jerk time to get her thrown out of office

Old 07-19-2011, 06:57 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
Quote:

Where did you get 400K? ~181K vs. ~161.5K. The vote barely passed with 53%. http://www.click2houston.com/news/28271978/detail.html (broken link)

Please read through this entire post and educate yourself as to why the vote was not valid. Also educate yourself as to what motivates Kubosh.

Old 07-19-2011, 07:07 PM

7,540 posts, read 11,572,390 times
I was just using it as a example So are votes were invalid even before the last election what a crock they say every votes county not true at all. If they do not like the outcome they can change if they want like they did here. The city is broke they can not afford to pay the 16millon to get the cameras taken down so they are gonna stay one for a while. Before they even put up the camera we should have had a vote but no they the city of Houston and the mayor are money hungry fools

Old 07-19-2011, 07:16 PM

Quote:
I was just using it as a example So are votes were invalid even before the last election what a crock they say every votes county not true at all. If they do not like the outcome they can change if they want like they did here. The city is broke they can not afford to pay the 16millon to get the cameras taken down so they are gonna stay one for a while. Before they even put up the camera we should have had a vote but no they the city of Houston and the mayor are money hungry fools
Well I think that it was very unfortunate that the Mayor did not do her homework and allowed the snake Kubosh to get Prop 3 on the ballot in the first place...truly a shame.

The cameras capture red light runners...I have not as of yet listened to one single sensible human that can explain why this is bad.

If it were a scandal I would be against it 10000000%. I don't buy into the conspiracy theory that it is a scandal and the lights are rigged and so on. If you don't run red lights then it will not affect you so why does it bother you so much? The evidence is irrefutable when you watch the video of the guilty person.

Old 07-19-2011, 08:15 PM

8,895 posts, read 19,995,992 times
Yippee - keep 'em on.

Old 07-19-2011, 08:24 PM

2,465 posts, read 5,791,723 times
AGAIN, I never run a red light and never WILL, never got a red light camera ticket but I am very much AGAINST them. As I said before is all about MONEY, GREED. As for the "conspiracy theory" I think you had several examples / cases/ links where various locations were caught right handed with shortening the yellow light. Is all about increasing the "likelihood" of someone to make that dangerous mistake.
And as I said before, this it is becoming POLICE state. Imagine a camera in every effing corner handing us tickets for whatever. We all make mistakes, right? we're not perfect, but if there is a camera around you, guess what, you will just be adding to the CITY fat paycheck.
And don't you tell me you never make mistakes You ain't Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post
[color=black][font=Verdana]
If it were a scandal I would be against it 10000000%. I don't buy into the conspiracy theory that it is a scandal and the lights are rigged and so on. If you don't run red lights then it will not affect you so why does it bother you so much? The evidence is irrefutable when you watch the video of the guilty person.

Old 07-19-2011, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanw View Post
AGAIN, I never run a red light and never WILL, never got a red light camera ticket but I am very much AGAINST them. As I said before is all about MONEY, GREED. As for the "conspiracy theory" I think you had several examples / cases/ links where various locations were caught right handed with shortening the yellow light. Is all about increasing the "likelihood" of someone to make that dangerous mistake.
And as I said before, this it is becoming POLICE state. Imagine a camera in every effing corner handing us tickets for whatever. We all make mistakes, right? we're not perfect, but if there is a camera around you, guess what, you will just be adding to the CITY fat paycheck.
And don't you tell me you never make mistakes You ain't Jesus

What ridiculous thinking. This is about people who are contentious drivers vs. those who are not contentious drivers. This is not about mistakes it is about being an aware and contentious driver. If obeying the street signal lights are that difficult then I think you should stop driving. I am not perfect and in all of my years driving I have never received a ticket for running a red light...so I am perfect in that area!

I won't even address your Jesus crap comment...your entire post sounds very redneck to me

For the record...I did not post one thing that supported the conspiracy theory BS.

And if you think this is a scam then prove it vs. whining. I will ask again...what is wrong with catching people running red lights with a red light camera? And you think that Texas is becoming a police state with red light cameras that have been there since 2006...wow that is so ridiculous. Modern technology...don't knock it...get used to it.

Old 07-19-2011, 09:20 PM

2,465 posts, read 5,791,723 times
You're a man child. Conversing with you is just an act of futility...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston