Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2011, 11:06 AM

1 posts, read 1,947 times

Advertisements

Hi, my husband and I will be in Pearland next week with our kids and will be looking at houses in the area including Shadow Creek Ranch. Does anyone know if we will be able to visit the water playground and other facilities at Shadow Creek? Do you need some sort of community pass to be able to use the playgrounds there?

Also, is there anyone on this forum from the NY/NJ area that recently relocated to Pearland would be willing to email/chat with us before we come to let us know how their move went, and to suggest fun and/or interesting places to visit in the Pearland area?

Last thing - what other communities have people been happy with that have playgrounds, a pool, etc that is good for a family with kids?

Thanks!
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2011, 11:16 AM

17,183 posts, read 22,902,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieNJ View Post
Hi, my husband and I will be in Pearland next week with our kids and will be looking at houses in the area including Shadow Creek Ranch. Does anyone know if we will be able to visit the water playground and other facilities at Shadow Creek? Do you need some sort of community pass to be able to use the playgrounds there?

Also, is there anyone on this forum from the NY/NJ area that recently relocated to Pearland would be willing to email/chat with us before we come to let us know how their move went, and to suggest fun and/or interesting places to visit in the Pearland area?

Last thing - what other communities have people been happy with that have playgrounds, a pool, etc that is good for a family with kids?

Thanks!
I grew up in the NYC area and most of my relatives were in NJ, but I have not lived there as an adult (except for a year due to my dh's job) We moved to Chicago before we had children and moved south with my son and dil to stay near the grandchildren.

We moved from Chicago to the New Orleans Area and then to Pearland after Katrina.

I live in Southwyck in the area where the Morgan Park Pool is. We have been very happy with the area. There are lots of kids here. We have a cross usage agreement with Silverlake so we have 3 pools we can use, a small splash park, tennis courts, etc. There is a public golf course near by as well. All of the pools are controlled access with a card from the HOA. The splash pad is open to the public though. You can pm me and I will send you my email addy. I will gladly discuss the area. I am not sure about the Shadow Creek Ranch amenities in terms of usage, but I have friends who live there and can find out more. Have you been to the interactive web page?

What do you consider fun? Many of the fun or interesting things to do with kids would be in the Houston Museum District rather than in Pearland itself. The Children's Museum, the Natural Science Museum, the Health Museum are all there. They are not far from Pearland, but not actually in Pearland. There are parks that are nice in Pearland itself.

Dorothy
Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: