Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 09:07 AM

27 posts, read 148,575 times

Advertisements

Hello,
we are relocating to Houston in 1-2 months and are considering new construction (built, but never lived in). In my various research, I am pretty familiar with the geography of TW (I think I have pulled up and examined MAPQUEST so much I could navigate TW blind even though I have never been there!) Anyway, my husband is going to take the nice long ride on the Express Bus downtown and in looking at most of Creekside, it looks like it is a long way from the nearest Park n Ride facility. Does anyone have any knowledge of this village? Also, any recommendations of builders we should lean towards or stay away from? David Weekley has a lot out there ready to move into right now. We do plan on 1 visit to the area prior to moving, and then once there, we plan on living in corporate reloc housing until we find something we like. We are looking at the 300's, and would want to put in a pool eventually. We are also looking at existing homes (we love the mature trees), but just can't find anything we really like so far. Hope as spring/summer approaches, we may find more options.
Thanks in advance for any tips or advice!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2008, 09:45 AM

87 posts, read 422,254 times
Default Creekside

We are also looking in the Woodlands. I would stay away from Creekside becuase our Realtor told us it will be a flood zone. Plus, the homes are all being put on tiny lots and all of the homes are very close together. Resale would not be good either and Creekside is in the worst part of the Woodlands. I would look anywhere in the Woodlands BUT Creekside.

Old 02-07-2008, 10:22 AM

1,336 posts, read 6,446,206 times
Seems like the homes are a bit nicer in Creekside (on avg) than the rest of the Woodlands. While I really like The Woodlands, the problem with the Woodlands, is that the production homes are somewhat chintzy and cheaply constructed compared to what you can get elsewhere.

Will Creekside be part of The Woodlands Township?

Old 02-07-2008, 01:52 PM

93 posts, read 418,109 times
Creekside has very nice homes I don't know why anyone would say it's going to be a flood zone. I recommend David Weekly if your are going to get a home built. They take pride in building homes therefore they are great quality.

Old 02-07-2008, 02:27 PM

1,336 posts, read 6,446,206 times
Highly...highly doubt they'd (The Woodlands Operating Co.) be marketing and selling homes in a flood zone.

Old 02-07-2008, 02:51 PM

179 posts, read 858,377 times
They have Park and Ride in The Woodlands. It is run by the Brazon River Transit Authority through The Woodlands Express. They just built a new lot off Ashlane Way next to the YMCA. Not too far from Creekside Park.

Old 07-16-2008, 07:42 PM

29 posts, read 88,319 times
Default creekside flood concerns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Football View Post
Highly...highly doubt they'd (The Woodlands Operating Co.) be marketing and selling homes in a flood zone.
We just purchased a lot in Arrow Canyon and are certain that Creekside is NOT in a flood zone. The flood zone, per FEMA's website, is only right along Spring Creek. The homes are NOT in a flood zone. They also have a drainage system (read: those little "lakes") to divert water away from the homes and over to the creek.

Old 07-16-2008, 10:50 PM

18 posts, read 57,818 times
I see that Trendmaker is building in Creekside. I have always liked their homes. Darling does a good job and Village and Weekley are thought of as good builders. I have owned two Village Builders homes and been very satisfied.
Went to the new Rob Fleming pool with my 5 year old last week for the first time and I thought the homes I could see looked weird without as many trees as you find in the rest of The Woodlands. I think Indian Springs is more my style but it's nice to have the new pool nearby!

Old 07-17-2008, 07:16 AM

130 posts, read 455,711 times
Creekside is not in the 100 year flood plain but it is in a flood plain like most homes are. It may be in the 150 year flood plain, I do not know. There is some controversy now on what home owners should be worrying about. There are few hills here. The flooding is mostly dictated by the elevation of the home. There are much worse places to buy that have higher flood risk - like in the Southwest Houston area on the plains or East Houston or south of HOuston towards the bay. The closest Park and Ride lots are in The Woodlands. Otherwise you need to go to the Spring lot. I love David Weekly homes. Wish I had one.

Old 07-28-2008, 05:07 PM

3 posts, read 11,153 times
Unfortunately, Creekside doesn't have many trees compared to the rest of The Woodlands. There are areas in Sterling Ridge where Trendmaker, David Weekley and some of the other builders are still building new homes. For me, Creekside is too far from the heart of The Woodlands and all its amenities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston