Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 02:56 PM

2,783 posts, read 6,676,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
I agree but tell me/us how? We peasants say one bad word or file a complaint against the thugs they will make our lives miserable. One day our loved ones will get that call saying we were found dead. You all claim voting can toss a bum in politics out but we can't vote out crooked thug coppers with badges!! We are stuck with them. When was the last time a copper was convicted for committing a crime? Exactly. They are immune.
The silence from the desert is deafening.

New Orleans cops convicted in post-Katrina shootings case - CNN.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2011, 03:00 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,658,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rb4browns View Post
As you pointed out in an earlier post, the number of cameras out there has been a game changer. Of course there the cases where rogue cops are arresting filmers, but I remain unconvinced that there is an epidemic of police abuse. The question of who polices the police is a real one, and as one who leans libertarian/conservative I take that seriously. But as I proved to desertsun41 with a simple google search, there is plenty of evidence of police departments weeding out rogue cops and I think there is growing support among rank and file good cops to eliminate the bad apples from their midst.
You didn't prove anything to me. Do you really really really believe what you read? When was the last time your government told the truth? Exactly. When was the last time you read from the paper or listened to the nightly news a story that was the complete truth? Exactly, that's what I mean.

You want proof? Go to the Yahoo news. After any story there is a place to place comments below if you are a registered Yahoo user. Whenever there is a pig brutality or any questionable action story by those domestic terrorist donut munching connoisseurs, you will never ever find a comment section because your media does not want to give us citizens our constitutional right to comment on the great almighty shid don't stink pigs. Go ahead look. Look for days at hundreds of stories. You can not comment on any piggy related article. Your media disabled the comment section. Any ideas why?

Don't give credit where it's not due. They deserve nothing for how they treat us. They are not here for yours or my protection. They don't even prevent crime. Sorry but rolling a stop sign is not a crime. But it is easy money unlike a drunk driving charge. It disgusts me to watch them break every traffic law written while shoving $200+ tickets down our gullets for doing what they do, only much less often if at all.

Old 08-05-2011, 03:03 PM

Quote:
I don't read that crap. Why not google pigs getting away with serious crimes. Your computer screen will light up the night sky. Do you really want to make a list of crooked pigs who got off VS ones who are convicted? Don't take that challenge. I already the research and the list.

Why are you even defending them? You know damn well they are exempt from the law. This attitude frightens me but it does give me insight to why our country is pushing to communism and/or a police state.

Old 08-05-2011, 03:08 PM

Quote:
I don't read that crap. Why not google pigs getting away with serious crimes. Your computer screen will light up the night sky. Do you really want to make a list of crooked pigs who got off VS ones who are convicted? Don't take that challenge. I already the research and the list.

Why are you even defending them? You know damn well they are exempt from the law. This attitude frightens me but it does give me insight to why our country is pushing to communism and/or a police state.
Of course you don't read that "crap." The facts would get in the way of a perfectly irrational rant.

And yes, I am taking you up on your challenge. I want to see your list and the research you have done. You talk the talk, but can you walk the walk?

Old 08-05-2011, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Of course you don't read that "crap." The facts would get in the way of a perfectly irrational rant.

And yes, I am taking you up on your challenge. I want to see your list and the research you have done. You talk the talk, but can you walk the walk?
You do it, I'm too busy. you can start here since your not busy. Then when you're done I can connect you to ex spouses of pigs forums where you can ask wives what it's like being married to an abuser.
Welcome to

Old 08-05-2011, 03:15 PM

Quote:
You didn't prove anything to me. Do you really really really believe what you read? When was the last time your government told the truth? Exactly. When was the last time you read from the paper or listened to the nightly news a story that was the complete truth? Exactly, that's what I mean.

You want proof? Go to the Yahoo news. After any story there is a place to place comments below if you are a registered Yahoo user. Whenever there is a pig brutality or any questionable action story by those domestic terrorist donut munching connoisseurs, you will never ever find a comment section because your media does not want to give us citizens our constitutional right to comment on the great almighty shid don't stink pigs. Go ahead look. Look for days at hundreds of stories. You can not comment on any piggy related article. Your media disabled the comment section. Any ideas why?
I found an article on Yahoo news about police brutality with plenty of comments. You are wrong again! I like you desertsun41, you are fun in a bat-sh*t-crazy kinda way!

Prosecutors, defense face off in Katrina police brutality case - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/prosecutors-defense-face-off-katrina-police-brutality-case-031451492.html - broken link)

Old 08-05-2011, 04:30 PM

344 posts, read 1,187,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanw View Post
Yeah sure, the question is "how much' of this is happening and we don't know? Police does a pretty good job at preventing public / people to film abuse (you end up in jail), they also do a pretty good job at covering for each other (how many times did you see a cop rat on other cop) and lastly they do a pretty good job at being "above" the law. What more do you need? So much for "trust" and "credibility". Who polices the POLICE mate?
Where do you get these "facts" of yours?

Most complaints against HPD officers are brought by other officers.

Over 14,000 complaints were filed against officer in the last 6 years, and half of those were sustained (i.e found to be valid complaints resulting in some form of discipline against the officer) . Source: Houston Chronicle Feb 7 2011

Quote:
Roughly half of the nearly 14,000 complaints brought against Houston police officers in the past six years have been upheld by the department's Internal Affairs Division, covering allegations ranging from misconduct or wrecking a police unit to breaking the law or lying to supervisors.

Over the past six years, an average of 2,300 complaints have been lodged annually against Houston police officers, brought either by their supervisors or residents. That equates to about six complaints per day.

Old 08-05-2011, 07:50 PM

2,465 posts, read 5,792,275 times
And then what, where did the complaints go? BLACK HOLE?

And then what was the form of discipline against officers? Suspended 3 days and get back to work? They get nothing as punishment for their screw ups. How many stories did you hear about police being fired or prosecuted? Once in a blue moon when they have no choice with so much "recorded" evidence.

If a civilian commits the same offense they will end up in jail forever BUT if a cop or cops murder an innocent soul, they get to keep their job suspended and most likely dodge the crime they've committed. O hold on, they're under great pressure so they just snap and is ok to kill someone.

"resulting in some form of discipline against the officer" is just something for the press and naive people mate..

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLizardo View Post
Where do you get these "facts" of yours?

Most complaints against HPD officers are brought by other officers.

Over 14,000 complaints were filed against officer in the last 6 years, and half of those were sustained (i.e found to be valid complaints resulting in some form of discipline against the officer) . Source: Houston Chronicle Feb 7 2011

Old 08-06-2011, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanw View Post
And then what, where did the complaints go? BLACK HOLE?

And then what was the form of discipline against officers? Suspended 3 days and get back to work? They get nothing as punishment for their screw ups. How many stories did you hear about police being fired or prosecuted? Once in a blue moon when they have no choice with so much "recorded" evidence.

If a civilian commits the same offense they will end up in jail forever BUT if a cop or cops murder an innocent soul, they get to keep their job suspended and most likely dodge the crime they've committed. O hold on, they're under great pressure so they just snap and is ok to kill someone.

"resulting in some form of discipline against the officer" is just something for the press and naive people mate..
I guess this bears re-posting, as the anti-cop nonsense here never seems to end.

cops convicted - Google Search

Last edited by rb4browns; 08-06-2011 at 09:07 PM..

Old 01-06-2012, 11:43 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,025,302 times
Police brutality is not uncommon in ca. The cops do it cause they know they will get away it unless its caught on film which is rare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: