Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2011, 01:59 PM

11 posts, read 22,273 times

Advertisements

I was wondering if anyone on this forum has moved from Pittsburgh to Houston this past year or two? If so, were you relocated by a Houston employer or Did you pay for the cost of relocation?

If you paid for the cost of relocation, Can you give me an estimate of how much it cost for you to relocate (movers, apartment rent/deposits,)

My reason for asking is because I really want to move to Houston for several reasons, but to keep it brief, the economic stability is far better there than here in Pittsburgh, and I would like my 8yr old to grow up in a more diverse city so that she can appreciate other races, cultures, backgrounds, creeds....She do not get to see much of this here in Pittsburgh.

I'm trying to save up enough money by November to be able to relocate myself after finding job of course (which hasn't been a problem) Its just that the companies that are willing to hire me will not relocate me or even consider assisting with relocating me, so I have come to realization that I have to relocate myself..Which is fine, it just will take me more time.

If anyone from Pittsburgh can give me some answers/or sound advice...It would be greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2011, 02:29 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,145,484 times
Stay where you are, we don't want anybody moving down here from Pittsburgh going on and on about how great the Steelers are. Jusk kidding.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: