Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2011, 10:43 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,919,735 times

Advertisements

TJ is a 3rd stringer. He looked it today. Has potential but not Schaubs experience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2011, 01:09 AM

7,540 posts, read 11,572,390 times
We are Texas Toast in the first round of the playoffs I am sorry to say are team is not a playoff team yet

Old 12-19-2011, 01:53 AM

9,598 posts, read 16,563,825 times
The winner of the AFC will be the 1st seed. Mark my word.

Old 12-19-2011, 08:56 AM

18,495 posts, read 32,943,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
We are Texas Toast in the first round of the playoffs I am sorry to say are team is not a playoff team yet
did you happen to watch the other games last night?

just going off last night even the Mighty Formerly Undefeated Green Bay looked like Texas Toast, getting tripped up by Kansas City last night.

I am telling you it was a really odd night. The Colts finally won one, and they did it against the Titans.

I dunno, either teams are really burnt now, or last night was a collective underestimation of the weaker teams.

Old 12-19-2011, 08:59 AM

18,495 posts, read 32,943,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
The winner of the AFC will be the 1st seed. Mark my word.
Darn!

I have been predicting that the Texans are gonna be second seed.

so you saying we won't win?

I have been saying that New England will be the first seed. how far you think they will go?

Old 12-19-2011, 09:33 AM

16,508 posts, read 26,301,334 times
Quote:
They looked like they were a team suffering from alot of injuries. They would have put up more points with Schaub.

Old 12-19-2011, 12:45 PM

20,515 posts, read 33,531,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae713 View Post

You sure about that? Seems pretty even, as always. For example, only one Texans loss came from an NFC team. None of the Steelers' loss came from an NFC team. I think one of Baltimore's was an NFC team.
Yes I'm sure about that. I think the better NFC teams have performed better against the AFC than the other way around. Keep in mind, I don't care. Because I'm not an NFC fan. I'm a Dallas Cowboy fan. I don't run around chanting NFC NFC NFC like some SEC fan. But from observation, the NFC has been the better conference this year even though the AFC has more teams with better records.

Old 12-19-2011, 12:49 PM

3,390 posts, read 4,950,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Yes I'm sure about that. I think the better NFC teams have performed better against the AFC than the other way around. Keep in mind, I don't care. Because I'm not an NFC fan. I'm a Dallas Cowboy fan. I don't run around chanting NFC NFC NFC like some SEC fan. But from observation, the NFC has been the better conference this year even though the AFC has more teams with better records.

LOL, that bolded part is funny and TRUE about the SEC!

Old 12-19-2011, 12:56 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,952,147 times
Quote:
iaintevenmad.jpg

They looked like a team who read their press clippings all week and thought they just had to show up and they would win. Classic trap game on what turned out to be upset Sunday. They will regroup and win their last two games. Glad this happened now and not in the playoffs. Speaking of playoffs, Wade and Andre will be back. And its not like the Panthers are slouches.

Old 12-19-2011, 01:03 PM

20,515 posts, read 33,531,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
Its just those NFC teams assuming stuff again. The NFC has been having its way with itself and that is all.

Baltimores loses
Jags
Titans
Seahawks

Texans Loses
Ravens
Raiders
Saints (by 7, and we whopped them by 14 points in the preseason)

Steelers Loses were to the Ravens and the Texas

The Patriots also had one loss to the NFC

In the NFC, SF was beat by Baltimore (and Houston in the preseason) and soon to be beat by Pittsburgh

The Saints were beat by crappyass NFC teams, but whooped by Houston and Tennessee (at home) in the preseason.

Th Texans was the only AFC team to best the Falcons in the regular season, but the Ravens, Steelers and the Jags beat them in the preseason. (wow, they had an awful preseason. all loses)

The Cowboys were beat by the Jets and The Patriots.

Looking at it now, the Giants have had a tough arse season while the Cowboys have had a cake walk. the giants last 4 loses have been to the Packers, Saints, 49ers and Eagles. The Giants deserve to win that division

you can tell that he has not watched a lot of games this year
Obviously because I don't put to much in preseason games like you did. Did you honestly try to prove your argument on preseason games? Other than preseason week 3 where starters play into the 2nd half and coaches actually gameplan, nobody cares about preseason games and even week 3, people do not care for them.

I shouldn't have said have their way. But the NFC has done pretty well against the AFC. It's not a mess as you think it is. Also, there is no such thing as a Cakewalk schedule in the NFL. We played the same schedule as the Giants except we didn't play the Pack and Saints for obvious reasons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston