Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2011, 09:51 AM

17 posts, read 35,186 times

Advertisements

we are going to move to Memorial Drive which is near Briar Forest and Eldridge Parkway.

and we want to find a new school near this area. I tried some, such as Westlake CDC, westside montessori, but they had a long waiting list.

are there any good school for recommendation? she is now 3 and a half. How about the five star montessori?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2011, 10:14 AM

Location: Where nothing ever grows. No rain or rivers flow, Texas
1,085 posts, read 1,580,954 times
Five star was our 2nd choice. My kid is in Primrose.

Old 08-31-2011, 11:12 AM

Is it good or the curriculum is great? it seems that the reviews on the web is not very nice.
the preschool we are attending now is great and teachers there helped us a lot. i think teachers shall be very attentive to the normal class running.

Old 08-31-2011, 01:01 PM

142 posts, read 398,144 times
We've had our son at Teeter Toddler for about a year now. It's located on Dairy Ashford between Westheimer and Briar Forest.

Great place, very clean, quiet, affordable and located in a pretty nice residential neighborhood.

Old 08-31-2011, 01:05 PM

3,333 posts, read 9,172,989 times
I wouldn't let my kid stay at Teeter Toddler on a bet. I lived in Ashford South and NOBODY had a good thing to say about that place.

Just sayin'...

Ronnie

Old 08-31-2011, 01:30 PM

Location: Where nothing ever grows. No rain or rivers flow, Texas
1,085 posts, read 1,580,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sysheep View Post
Is it good or the curriculum is great? it seems that the reviews on the web is not very nice.
the preschool we are attending now is great and teachers there helped us a lot. i think teachers shall be very attentive to the normal class running.
Sorry I dont know about that. my kid is too young for that
In my opinion, there is some sort of battle between all these montessori/other style of teaching in this area... also management between primrose(black), five star(white), westside (asian-ish) and theyre slitting each others throats.

Old 08-31-2011, 01:33 PM

142 posts, read 398,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonRonnie View Post
I wouldn't let my kid stay at Teeter Toddler on a bet. I lived in Ashford South and NOBODY had a good thing to say about that place.

Just sayin'...

Ronnie
What did they have to say that was so bad?
We checked the State website, and they have some of the fewest violations in the area. We also talked to several parents who have their kids there, and they all really liked it.

Old 08-31-2011, 01:38 PM

I think a well-organized class with great curriculum is suitable for my daughter. Since she is almost 4 years old and there will be 2 years more before entering into the public school. so , i do not want to waste too much time on the waiting list.

Old 05-12-2017, 01:39 PM

1 posts, read 627 times
Americas Choice Childcare is an excellent choice for daycare. The teachers were so nice and caring. My son would smile every time he saw them in the morning. There were always activities and parents were invited to spend time with their kids.

[url=http://www.americaschoicechildcare.com]Childcare in Houston | America[/url]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston