Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2013, 10:04 AM

2 posts, read 1,974 times

Advertisements

Pahleeeeeeeese somebody anybody put a kk in Houston
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2013, 10:42 AM

75 posts, read 140,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BelleAmour View Post
Pahleeeeeeeese somebody anybody put a kk in Houston
Don't know how legitimate this is, but NewQuest Properties website has a Krispy Kreme proposed as a pad site for their shopping center at Westheimer and Dairy Ashford. I wonder if Krispy Kreme is trying to re-enter the market?

Old 09-12-2013, 12:23 PM

41 posts, read 60,225 times
If you have tried the glazed donuts at the Shipley's on Ella Blvd-where they make them for you hot-ON REQUEST- and can still say Krispy Kreme is better...something horribly wrong is going on with your taste buds.

Old 09-12-2013, 01:43 PM

2,188 posts, read 3,217,044 times
it's in greenville and vicksburg also...even in Monroe, Louisiana but they don't taste the same though

Old 09-12-2013, 01:55 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,607,699 times
I've been living in Houston essentially all of life. I can't tell much of a difference between Shipley's and many of the little independent shops in many strip centers.

Back in the day when KK appeared, I just thought it was another over-hyped import that people loved because it reminded them of the place they came. While driving one day with a friend of mine from Georgia, he saw the light on and insisted that we stop. My taste buds told my brain that it was the greatest do-nut ever. Shipley's are brought into our office regularly, and I find them easy to walk past, I'd have a much more difficult time walking past a box of KK's. Thank goodness they left Houston.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Dollar View Post
Houston almost only has chains with the exception of Mexican taquerías and other good immigrant food.
Where do you do you dining? The mall? Houston has thousands of non-chain restaurants, but the vast majority won't have a drive thru.

Old 09-12-2013, 02:02 PM

7,540 posts, read 11,572,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Poindexter View Post
If you have tried the glazed donuts at the Shipley's on Ella Blvd-where they make them for you hot-ON REQUEST- and can still say Krispy Kreme is better...something horribly wrong is going on with your taste buds.
I totally agree transplants who are not originally from Houston like Krispy Cream and people who have live in Houston most of there life like Shipleys

Old 09-12-2013, 04:35 PM

1,326 posts, read 3,451,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Poindexter View Post
I guess my taste buds along with the taste buds of tons of other people are defective then.
Shipley donuts no matter how they are prepared don't come anywhere close to KK donuts.
I want them to come back to Houston, but then my waistline is saying otherwise

Old 09-12-2013, 06:27 PM

23,015 posts, read 34,378,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVD26 View Post
I guess my taste buds along with the taste buds of tons of other people are defective then.
Shipley donuts no matter how they are prepared don't come anywhere close to KK donuts.
I want them to come back to Houston, but then my waistline is saying otherwise
I HATE Shipleys, not only do they taste bad, they smell bad too. Nothing compares to Kripsy Kreme!

Old 09-12-2013, 11:32 PM

2,188 posts, read 3,217,044 times
nothing beats a hot shipley's

Old 09-13-2013, 10:31 AM

8,928 posts, read 14,335,594 times
I'm apparently one of those few who can honestly enjoy both. I'm pretty sure that most people that like to colorfully put down one in favor of the other are only doing so to be "different". If Shipley's were that terrible, I doubt it would have been around for nearly a century with 200+ locations in multiple states.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston