Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2011, 02:08 AM

2,945 posts, read 4,991,361 times

Advertisements

I don't know what you guys are talking about but 30s is great. All those who've lived in the cold cold places had it made. Months of cold then you get months of sun then some months of a heatwave and the East Coast heat that is a mini rival to our hellish year round stuff.

I don't get it. You can sacrifice dealing with 4 months of cold and snow when you'll get 3 of sun can't you? November-February cold cold and snow? Then what? March to September of 70s-90s?

I'll TAKE those "oh so miserable" months of shoveling. Gimme some variety. I could soooo deal with the Houston heat if in the winter we could get come continuous change and not fluctuating. I'd love the sun and heat then be ready to retire it for some months then be ready to retire the cold for some months. I've never understood those who live in the cold winter areas and hate it when you DO get a relief from it for a number of months. If it was year round freezing then that's something to complain about because that would suck (like this year round heat coming up because everyone knows and is in denial about Houston having a "winter" this year).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2011, 06:36 AM

5,993 posts, read 3,733,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Oh my if you think 30's and 50's are cold then you are in the right place I HATE being hot in Houston.
Then MOVE!

Old 10-01-2011, 10:42 AM

563 posts, read 910,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DejaBlue View Post
I don't know what you guys are talking about but 30s is great. All those who've lived in the cold cold places had it made. Months of cold then you get months of sun then some months of a heatwave and the East Coast heat that is a mini rival to our hellish year round stuff.

I don't get it. You can sacrifice dealing with 4 months of cold and snow when you'll get 3 of sun can't you? November-February cold cold and snow? Then what? March to September of 70s-90s?

I'll TAKE those "oh so miserable" months of shoveling. Gimme some variety. I could soooo deal with the Houston heat if in the winter we could get come continuous change and not fluctuating. I'd love the sun and heat then be ready to retire it for some months then be ready to retire the cold for some months. I've never understood those who live in the cold winter areas and hate it when you DO get a relief from it for a number of months. If it was year round freezing then that's something to complain about because that would suck (like this year round heat coming up because everyone knows and is in denial about Houston having a "winter" this year).
I couldn't agree more.

Old 10-01-2011, 06:58 PM

23,015 posts, read 34,381,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
Then MOVE!
I wish I could, I would LOVE to.

Old 10-01-2011, 07:12 PM

4,246 posts, read 12,025,375 times
Quote:
I wish I could, I would LOVE to.

You doing time?

Old 10-01-2011, 07:21 PM

23,015 posts, read 34,381,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danieloneil01 View Post
You doing time?
Yes in Houston

Old 10-01-2011, 07:49 PM

8,376 posts, read 30,700,202 times
The weather was pretty decent today, still on the warm side.

Unfortunately the change in weather means ragweed is up there. Time for some generic sudafed and mucinex!

Old 10-01-2011, 09:26 PM

789 posts, read 1,527,774 times
Weather was great today! The park felt awesome. It was cool enough, but I didn't have to wear a jacket. And the heat picked up, to keep the coolness at bay. If it gets 2 -3 degrees cooler, it would be perfect. Of course the humidity would have to stay at a decent level.

Old 10-01-2011, 09:43 PM

5,993 posts, read 3,733,362 times
Quote:
Yes in Houston
You've been on these boards b****ing and moaning about Houston weather for years and you STILL have not left. That leads me to believe you either are not making an effort to leave or the weather here is not bad enough for you to make the necessary changes in your life which would result in leaving a place that you claim to hate. Unbelievable.

Old 10-01-2011, 09:46 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,429,067 times
ahzzie, I cant rep you again -- so I'm going to go find other posts to rep and then come back to rep you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: