Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 10:12 AM

121 posts, read 240,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegankris View Post
TxHustla mentioned posting pics of Eastwood to show it's "bad" side.

Well, I have lots of pics I took this past week. Does anyone know how I can post them? I took pics of the street we bought our house on and of the walk we took from Eastwood to downtown. I even took a picture of a house with a rooster and a hen in the front yard.
Quote:
One other thing.... obviously these are not just pics and the pics of Eastwood are only of one streetof Eastwood. We took pics along the street we bought our house on, but only that street.
im wondering why this was not posted before you posted the pics but on the 2nd page. Very Misleading. now you have a picture thread of EASTWOOD but only 1 street of it..and the rest of Downtown.LOL But i do like how u only picked the houses that were/are newly painted and remodeled.

Now im very very tempted to post pics/vids of the whole area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2011, 10:16 AM

286 posts, read 739,166 times
It seems there have been some significant improvements since we looked there for a house (about 3 years ago). I'm all for historical preservation of a neighborhood and looks like the folks there are doing a good job!

Old 10-10-2011, 05:29 PM

3,283 posts, read 6,048,839 times
i love old houses too but after having a client beaten to death with a hammer a few year ago on the eastend im torn. dont be a homeless woman on that end of town and you'll be fine

Old 10-10-2011, 05:39 PM

644 posts, read 1,353,238 times
Sad about the beating Unfortunately, bad things do happen and I know they can happen anywhere.

I didn't know what streets were considered "good" streets or still transitional streets in Eastwood yet. But, the street I took pics of looked pretty good to me.

I didn't discriminate between what I took pics of along our walking route... good, bad, ugly, funny.... just wanted to document what we passed as we walked our way from Eastwood to downtown. I think the East End has a lot of potential and I hope my pictures showed that!

Old 10-10-2011, 07:10 PM

847 posts, read 1,751,193 times
well your pictures definitely show that people have been fixing up the houses around that section. a close friend of mine didn't live far from there. 1-2 blocks max, and i know it didn't look AS nice as that. maybe you can venture the opposite direction (east on harrisburg) towards eastwood park and beyond.

mmmmmmm, i just had a memory of Mundo's taco bus on Harrisburg.

Old 10-10-2011, 08:50 PM

2,547 posts, read 4,050,326 times
Great pictures, cute neighborhood! I love the live oaks and the sweet bungalows. Thanks for posting!

Old 10-11-2011, 06:50 AM

1,416 posts, read 4,437,184 times
Quote:

I didn't know what streets were considered "good" streets or still transitional streets in Eastwood yet. But, the street I took pics of looked pretty good to me.

I didn't discriminate between what I took pics of along our walking route... good, bad, ugly, funny.... just wanted to document what we passed as we walked our way from Eastwood to downtown. I think the East End has a lot of potential and I hope my pictures showed that!
At this point in the gentrification, every Eastwood street has fully renovated homes and dilapidated homes, and then all the ones in between (we always say they have "such potential" when we walk by, you just dream what you could do if you got your hands on them). Sort of like judging Houston by driving down its freeways, usually those away from businesses are in the best condition, which is often why people don't see them if they just drive down Lockwood, Polk, etc.

One of my favorites in the neighborhood is actually one that is in bad shape. At the triangle corner of McKinney and Telephone, across from Lantrip Elementary, is one of the coolest arts and crafts homes in the area. It was designed to be viewed from every angle, something that few tract homes from the past 50 years can claim. Don't know the backstory, but I've been told the owner won't paid because he doesn't want his taxes to go up.

mckinney at telephone, houston, tx - Google Maps

Old 10-11-2011, 07:28 AM

Quote:

so why didnt you take a picture of that abandoned apt complex by the tracks on the street going towards lantrip? U know the ones were people sneak in to sleep or do drugs in....u sure did take a pic in front of it but facing lantrip only. LOL

How come you didnt take pictures of the houses down that street on the next block over..a what? 1 min walk over..LOL you know the run down houses with trash and filth everywhere...with at least 2 drug houses that i know of.

Why no pics of the area/streets behind lantrip by the bakery before u hit cullen? lol

Your pics are misleading and very manipulative IMHO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluelion_ms3 View Post
mmmmmmm, i just had a memory of Mundo's taco bus on Harrisburg.
aaaaah the school bus..i miss that too.

Old 10-11-2011, 08:04 AM

1,416 posts, read 4,437,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxHustla View Post
so why didnt you take a picture of that abandoned apt complex by the tracks on the street going towards lantrip? U know the ones were people sneak in to sleep or do drugs in....u sure did take a pic in front of it but facing lantrip only. LOL

How come you didnt take pictures of the houses down that street on the next block over..a what? 1 min walk over..LOL you know the run down houses with trash and filth everywhere...with at least 2 drug houses that i know of.

Why no pics of the area/streets behind lantrip by the bakery before u hit cullen? lol

Your pics are misleading and very manipulative IMHO.

aaaaah the school bus..i miss that too.
I'm not getting the point of your presence in this thread. Are you saying that if she doesn't go through and inventory every nook and cranny of a neighborhood that is still new to her, that she is somehow presenting marketing material suitable for the Visitors Bureau?

She stated, quite clearly, her route. Most of it wasn't Eastwood, but at this point that is a separate issue.

You seem to think that because you "know people," especially those that track drug use (apparently), that it is your job to make sure the OP is fair-and-balanced. But in your zeal, you frankly come across quite ridiculous, because you imply that unless an urban neighborhood is pristine, then it isn't worth boosting or being proud of. There is crime all over the city, in every neighborhood, adjacent to million dollar homes and $50k shacks. This happens in every city in this country.

We get it, you don't like the area. So sit back and pound the keys a bit more and make sure that everyone knows it.

Old 10-11-2011, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelguy_73 View Post
I'm not getting the point of your presence in this thread. Are you saying that if she doesn't go through and inventory every nook and cranny of a neighborhood that is still new to her, that she is somehow presenting marketing material suitable for the Visitors Bureau?

She stated, quite clearly, her route. Most of it wasn't Eastwood, but at this point that is a separate issue.

You seem to think that because you "know people," especially those that track drug use (apparently), that it is your job to make sure the OP is fair-and-balanced. But in your zeal, you frankly come across quite ridiculous, because you imply that unless an urban neighborhood is pristine, then it isn't worth boosting or being proud of. There is crime all over the city, in every neighborhood, adjacent to million dollar homes and $50k shacks. This happens in every city in this country.

We get it, you don't like the area. So sit back and pound the keys a bit more and make sure that everyone knows it.
1. What im saying is how is it pics of Eastwood..when its filled with pics of 1 street and of Downtown..next to nothing of the actual Eastwood..its like if i post pics of Montrose..then post pics of 1st street then the rest of 1960 area LOL....wow i find it hard to believe i have to explain this over and over..nobody seems to care that the pics of Eastwood ARENT EVEN EASTWOOD LOL

2. Wow. Where do i IMPLY that..because im simplying talking about whats going on in the Eastwood Community. I'm not talking,indicating,implying anything else about anywhere else.

3.I love the area!! im born and raised in the area...i can handle the area because im not an outsider..I was simply stating the hard truth about the real Eastwood so people looking to buy know exactly what theyre getting into..if they dont mind the craziness around them and dont mind the schools being shotty..but are in it for the future investments..then its great. But for those people who are looking for nothing of this nature in an area..well then they need to know..dont u agree?

its like im selling a car...the motor is shot and wont last 2 weeks..but hey its nice and pretty..look the interior was just redone and the paint job is brand new..u fall in love with the info given and 2 weeks later you find out u didnt know the whole truth and bought a lemon. But hey if you guys dont care about letting the people know the entire truth then i'll shut up..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: