Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which do you prefer for rates/quality of service
ATT 5 41.67%
Sprint 4 33.33%
T-Mobile 3 25.00%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2011, 09:50 AM

8,895 posts, read 19,999,878 times

Advertisements

Okay - shopping for a different cell provider. Looking for unlimited talk, text and data. While they all seem similar -- they have their differences. AT&T seems the highest.

So between AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint - who has the best and who has the hidden loopholes (like the great rate but at the end of your contract, that rate doesn't carry and is renegotiated, etc.) I HATE the touchscreen keypads - I've been through a ton of those and haven't found one I like.

Are some local stores better to deal or all the same?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2011, 09:54 AM

1,632 posts, read 3,327,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texas7 View Post
Okay - shopping for a different cell provider. Looking for unlimited talk, text and data. While they all seem similar -- they have their differences. AT&T seems the highest.

So between AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint - who has the best and who has the hidden loopholes (like the great rate but at the end of your contract, that rate doesn't carry and is renegotiated, etc.) I HATE the touchscreen keypads - I've been through a ton of those and haven't found one I like.
Have AT&T and HATE them. At least 2 or 3 times a day I try to make a call and get the message: "Network Busy" and have to try again later. Bad reception most places. As soon as my contract is up I'm going to attach my phone to a brick and throw it through their store window.

Honestly, I'd pony up the extra $10 or so per month and get Verizon. Best network by far.

Old 10-29-2011, 09:56 AM

1,632 posts, read 3,327,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texascrude View Post
Have AT&T and HATE them. At least 2 or 3 times a day I try to make a call and get the message: "Network Busy" and have to try again later. Bad reception most places. As soon as my contract is up I'm going to attach my phone to a brick and throw it through their store window.

Honestly, I'd pony up the extra $10 or so per month and get Verizon. Best network by far.
Oh, and T-Mobile may soon become AT&T pending the 'anti trust' thing getting worked out. Sprint's network is in need of some serious work and could possibly be worthless in a few more years. Check out their stock price and analyst concerns -- only major phone company that's bleeding money every quarter. No money = no improvements = bad deal.

Old 10-29-2011, 11:08 AM

8,895 posts, read 19,999,878 times
Wow - Verizon is higher. I have Sprint and actually have minimal complaints but have a family plan so was shopping around as a few of the "family" have issues with their customer service not the actual device service. Verizon is the same as I pay on my sprint but doesn't include the data/navigation/etc.

Old 10-29-2011, 01:27 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,857,927 times
You could always try something outside the big 3 like Virgin Mobile.

Old 10-29-2011, 03:08 PM

682 posts, read 1,942,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westhou View Post
You could always try something outside the big 3 like Virgin Mobile.
Virgin Mobile=Sprint's pre-paid service.

Verizon probably has the best network but if you want unlimited data Sprint is your only choice. Verizon, AT&T and T-mo no longer have unlimited data plans. I've had Sprint since 98 and have rarely had network issues.

Old 10-29-2011, 05:49 PM

7,542 posts, read 11,574,791 times
For just calls ATT if you want your phone for Calls & Internet Spirnt they have unlimted net while ATT has the lowest bandwith for phones which sux

Old 10-30-2011, 12:03 AM

8,376 posts, read 30,702,433 times
AT&T seemed to have the best deal last year. I noticed the Best Buy, AT&T store and AT&T online store all had different phone prices, different plan structures, and even different prices for identical plans. Ultimately I found the best deal online.

Old 10-30-2011, 02:21 PM

3,503 posts, read 7,499,830 times
Been through all. Pitched 'em all for various reasons. Forget the contract. Go grab a QWERTY Tracfone (loving my LG500g) and get a monthly plan if you wish. I don't surf all that much on my phone, but I am sure there are apps to show pages that I don't pick up well...it gets Facebook for me at work, so I'm good.

Old 11-03-2011, 02:05 AM

3 posts, read 4,656 times
Cricket is not expensive and if you pay 3 months in advance you get one month free or at least used to. Their network uses Sprint so coverage is good and speed is decent. You can as well usually flash or have someone flash any CDMA phone even with a bad ESN. I would suggest checking forums like Howardforums.com to get more infor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: