Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2011, 03:32 PM

35 posts, read 166,064 times

Advertisements

Hey, I'm headed to MDA for treatment. I would like to know where I can find a decent place to stay while I'm at MDA on an outpatient basis. I've read a lot about car break ins and such. I don't leave anything of value in my car, so all they'll get is experience. I guess my main question is since my stay will most likely be in the medical area, will I need to wear my Kevlar and come armed to the teeth?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2011, 12:34 PM

568 posts, read 1,129,097 times
Outside of petty crimes, for the most part safe. As with any area, be careful there was not too long a horrific shooting in the area involving a middle eastern family, but tends to be isolated. It is Houston of course.

Old 11-02-2011, 01:29 PM

3,333 posts, read 9,173,790 times
No, just be aware of what's going on around you just like anywhere else.

Ronnie

Old 11-02-2011, 01:56 PM

2,639 posts, read 8,288,426 times
There isnt a reason the be alarmed. The Med Center and the Rice University area are great. I would look for a garage apartment in the Museum district/Rice Village staying West of Fannin and not to close to Reliant. They typically are for Rice or Med students and some are very resonable. There are also some good apartments down on Montrose in front of St Thomas Univ that would be easy to get to.

Old 11-02-2011, 08:37 PM

35 posts, read 166,064 times
Hey everyone, thanks for the information.
I'm not really alarmed, just a little concerned for my family. I agree that one must be aware of their surroundings in any environment. Still, H.P.D. statistics show that crime rates for downtown Houston are horrific. It's just hard to know where to live when you're not from the area. I've looked online at the Esplanade near the U.T. medical center. It seemed better than Fannin Street Station right Reliant Stadium. Fannin Street Station looks like a traffic nightmare, the reviews on this place aren't good either. The best thing for me to do is get a hotel near MDA and start my search from there. This internet business is just too risky.

Last edited by Snowman; 11-02-2011 at 08:49 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston