Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 08:14 AM

328 posts, read 568,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by move4ward View Post
What kind of amenities? How many square foot do they need? You can find something for $800+ in that area.

If you are ok with older complexes(30+yrs old) and do not need a washer dryer or covered parking, there are a few around uptown and the Galleria. Washer/dryer rental and covered parking fees will usually be added on top of the advertised rent. It can be $20-30 for either one.

If you are expecting at least 700 sq feet, you may have go to up to at least $900 after you include other charges like trash pickup and sewer/water.
The $800 price point came from a reply to my post I think. I don't think I mentioned that price..I know we will be going higher than $800.
Apt if for my son...fresh out of college..Doesn't need anything huge..
#1 priority is safety...A gated community with security officers on site.
Would like a washer/dryer in unit..
Other wants are upgraded amenities like wood flooring, etc but really just looking for a very SAFE, nice complex..
We are thinking this may be more near the $1000 price point...and will pay that if it is a great, safe community..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2011, 09:06 AM

6,345 posts, read 8,118,908 times
I would feel safe around the whole area in uptown. The crime would be mostly nuisance property crimes, like stolen rims or GPS.

A $800-1,000 for a 1 BR with a washer/dryer can be found. You can save $20-30, if you bring your own washer/dryer.

The holidays are coming up, apartment leasing traffic dries up. There should be some good deals on empty units, because it's hard to lease during the holidays. The specials often will not show up on the apartment websites, because the specials change frequently. I have always gotten great deals during the holidays, but there is less availability also.

I used an apartment locator before. All they did was find the same apartments that I found online. The monthly rent was just as outdated on the locator's list as it was on the website. Locators are great to get an extra rebate. You will get a $100-150 rebate, if you put their name on the lease application. It was great. I would use one again. They won't do anything that you can't do yourself. The rebate is the primary incentive.

Last edited by move4ward; 11-14-2011 at 10:22 AM..

Old 11-14-2011, 10:03 AM

Ok thanks so much move4ward..

Old 01-02-2012, 04:22 PM

Ok..so we had an apt lease/deposit and the tenant decided not to move out..so now we are back to the drawing board..Primary needs are...
1. Uptown Area
2. Safe apts and surrounding neighborhood (gated community)
3. Under $1350/month
4. 1 BR
New suggestions please??
(Wants are updated amenities like wood flooring, etc)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston