Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2011, 09:26 AM

12,733 posts, read 21,629,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBomb View Post
Many people have lots of different reasons to hate this city. I personally hate that everyone seem to talk like realtors.

This city is also the land of the opportunistic. One other thing is I do find the city very boring. It seem they make Houston boring on purpose. Here's an example : The children's festival in the Woodlands. Wow. You can imagine in other cities, they'd bring in some Nickelodeon or cartoon/comic character mascot or a sports hero maybe. Houston's children's festival had Thomas train guy woohoo. When you get there, you pay for parking and see that the fair is basically on the driveway of that parking garage. Everyone is some local business/banks advertising, literally. Those are normally just the fillers and giving away flyers & balloons but in this event thats all you get, plus the local firetruck and ambulance. The mascots that showed up were from HEB and ChikfillA. And that Thomas character was just his faces 'peeking' thru drapes. $9 for a hotdog? wow. I'm telling you guys, third world countries have better fairs than this. Something like this would be called a scam.

Boring!
WOW! That was a little harsh.

Old 11-18-2011, 11:26 AM

1,822 posts, read 1,981,823 times
Increasing crime, pollution, congestion, sprawl, endless tearing down of wooded areas and replacing with concrete and Wal-Marts, excessive heat and humidity for half of the year, increasingly slummish neighborhoods, boring flat landscape, haven for mosquitoes and large roaches, fat/slobby couch potato mentality, etc. It's easy to see why Houston sucks. And no, I've lived here for decades, so I'm very familiar with this place. The only reason I'm posting this is for others who live elsewhere and monitor this forum. They deserve to get an accurate picture of what the town is like.

And yeah, TimBomb is exactly right: many here write glowingly about Houston as though they are realtors; often hiding any and all negatives (and fine print).

Last edited by Sunderpig2; 11-18-2011 at 11:40 AM..

Old 11-18-2011, 11:29 AM

8,891 posts, read 19,875,808 times
They hate it .... simply because they can.

Old 11-18-2011, 12:30 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,772,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
I used to live in "another city" that was amazing to visit.
Moved there... it sucked to live in it.

Visited Houston... not much to do for a tourist
moved here, love it and will never change it for anything.
I was the same. I loved visiting SA. wanted to go there as often as possible. I moved there and it was hell on Earth.

The same with other cities I have visited and then lived in

Old 11-18-2011, 01:08 PM

Location: Where nothing ever grows. No rain or rivers flow, Texas
1,085 posts, read 1,569,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tebor79 View Post
So your argument for Houston being boring is a Childrens festival in the Woodlands?

Besides the fact that the Woodlands aint Houston, hahahahahahahaha
I chose that *example* because
1) Things to do for kids is universal. you dont have to be hiphop,r eggae, punk, goth, mexican, nigerian, "real american" etc its not about *me*
2) The Woodlands is the most celebrated suburb of houston. It is nice, nicer that most suburb, except the drive over there. It has a higher concentration of wholesome family goodness looking for that quality things to do. Theyre paying a premium to live *there*. Snotty parents, check. They have the incentive for getting more families to move there
3) the weather was perfect

I guess I need to mention that it cost me $10 each to get in there. Its not free for kids.
This type of racket is everywhere, even events for adults, not that theres many of them. The quality of those events are not fit for a paying customer.

I guess I also need to mention they actually put 3 of those "art" cars on display with their proud owners there. gaahhh.
"grow up like me and glue crap on your beater car the rest of your life". whoopee

Old 11-18-2011, 01:25 PM

5,429 posts, read 14,777,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunderpig View Post
Increasing crime, pollution, congestion
Crime and pollution have been on the decrease since the 1980's.

Quote:
I've lived here for decades, so I'm very familiar with this place. The only reason I'm posting this is for others who live elsewhere and monitor this forum. They deserve to get an accurate picture of what the town is like.
Too bad that facts seem to evade you. So though you may think you are being helpful, in fact you are being very misleading. And it's obvious from other instances on here that you need to move to a smaller town for your own sanity. We all know Houston is a huge city and no one is denying that, but let's not make things up either.

Quote:
And yeah, TimBomb is exactly right
Not really... that's his 3rd account name on here because he has to keep leaving after stirring the pot, not making sense, and being completely unhelpful.

Old 11-18-2011, 01:28 PM

5,429 posts, read 14,777,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRjohnryan View Post
I have been online and looking at blogs and what not of good places to visit and live. It seems whenever my hometown comes up no one seems to have good words for it.
Interesting. Selective searching?
And you may want to take a closer look at where these people actually live.

Old 11-18-2011, 01:32 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,773,910 times
Is this SouthernBoy205? What blogs do you mean?

Old 11-18-2011, 01:37 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,772,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
LMAO, you read my mind. That was what I was thinking when I first read that post.

Is my city really bad.... I dunno, I read from people that it is bad... I am asking cause I have never been there, but its my City and I want it to be better. LOL

Old 11-18-2011, 01:57 PM

12,733 posts, read 21,629,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
I don't like that at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston