Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2011, 05:18 PM

660 posts, read 1,607,412 times

Advertisements

i got a speeding ticket at westpark tollway. limit 55 mph ; alleged speed 75 mph.

i dont see anything in the ticket how much and where to pay and not appear in court.

what's the best thing i should i do? appear in court without admitting guilt?

i am worried with 20 mph difference in speed i maybe charged with something else.

ticket says traffic citation only
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2011, 05:29 PM

2,465 posts, read 5,760,822 times
You're a novice, I can tell, no offense please :-)

Go to court on the date you're scheduled, ask for "deferred adjudication", pay the court fee + smaller amount of the speeding ticket, and you will be asked to take defensive driving in 90 days which usually cost around $25 and 6 hours of your time.

This way the ticket will not go in your record and affect your insurance. And you don't need a lawyer for this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brom View Post
i got a speeding ticket at westpark tollway. limit 55 mph ; alleged speed 75 mph.

i dont see anything in the ticket how much and where to pay and not appear in court.

what's the best thing i should i do? appear in court without admitting guilt?

i am worried with 20 mph difference in speed i maybe charged with something else.

ticket says traffic citation only

Old 12-02-2011, 05:46 PM

61,090 posts, read 85,880,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanw View Post
You're a novice, I can tell, no offense please :-)

Go to court on the date you're scheduled, ask for "deferred adjudication", pay the court fee + smaller amount of the speeding ticket, and you will be asked to take defensive driving in 90 days which usually cost around $25 and 6 hours of your time.

This way the ticket will not go in your record and affect your insurance. And you don't need a lawyer for this.
The speeding ticket alone is $185

http://www.jp.hctx.net/traffic/Fines.pdf

Defendants with eligible offenses may use this service to apply for the Driving Safety Course or Motorcycle Operator Training Course dismissal and to pay the required court costs.
If you intend to apply for a Driving Safety Course or Motorcycle Operator Course, do NOT pay the traffic ticket. You will be asked to pay court costs as part of the application process. Do not take the course before you receive approval from the Court.
http://www.jp.hctx.net/

Old 12-02-2011, 05:51 PM

He is in "Fort Bent County". But from my experience you pay almost the same or just a little less than the ticket and it won't go in your record. That's a good trade

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
The speeding ticket alone is $185

http://www.jp.hctx.net/traffic/Fines.pdf

Defendants with eligible offenses may use this service to apply for the Driving Safety Course or Motorcycle Operator Training Course dismissal and to pay the required court costs.
If you intend to apply for a Driving Safety Course or Motorcycle Operator Course, do NOT pay the traffic ticket. You will be asked to pay court costs as part of the application process. Do not take the course before you receive approval from the Court.
Harris County Justice of the Peace Courts

Old 12-02-2011, 05:55 PM

can i just pay online or send a check and not appear in court? or is it a bad idea not to appear in court. i once got speeding ticket near san antonio and paid i think online. it didnt affect my insurance much as far as i know.

Old 12-02-2011, 06:00 PM

Sure, call the number on the back of the ticket and they will gladly take your credit card. But this ticket WILL go in your record, no question about it, and your insurance will increase your rate, again, no question about it :-)

Quote:
can i just pay online or send a check and not appear in court? or is it a bad idea not to appear in court. i once got speeding ticket near san antonio and paid i think online. it didnt affect my insurance much as far as i know.

Old 12-02-2011, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanw View Post
Sure, call the number on the back of the ticket and they will gladly take your credit card. But this ticket WILL go in your record, no question about it, and your insurance will increase your rate, again, no question about it :-)
thanks i'll consider the deferred adjudication.

do you have a recommended website for defensive driving. 6 hours is too long i read here before about a "funny" defensive driving website.

Old 12-02-2011, 06:35 PM

Get drunk, stone and anything will be funny. Don't know mate... Just Google it

Quote:
thanks i'll consider the deferred adjudication.

do you have a recommended website for defensive driving. 6 hours is too long i read here before about a "funny" defensive driving website.

Old 12-03-2011, 08:43 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,348,252 times
Ive never had a moving violation effect my insurance rate.Only accidents.

Old 12-03-2011, 09:01 AM

3,333 posts, read 9,129,150 times
Where the heck is it 55 on the WP Tollway? Way down on the end where it dumps out into the road to Fulshear?

Ronnie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston