Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2011, 03:07 PM

2,945 posts, read 4,988,848 times

Advertisements

I'm noticing that the few Northern people chiming in have not problem with what OP did.

Of course in NYC there really is no parking spaces BUT in front of someone's brownstone or house or whatever.

Maybe it is a Southern thing. We do always have people saying how nice everyone is in the South so maybe we just know common curtsy.

The moral of this hilarious thread is....raise your hand if you believe OP will continue to park in front of these people's house.

The excuses reek of an EXTREMELY rude and selfish person. OP you are SO determined to get your way and park in front of these people's house. Park SOMEWHERE else!

It's not hard Or is it? Park at another neighbor's house. You have an entire street and lots of other places to park but noooo. You constantly want to annoy these people who already don't like you.

Or if not, I can't wait until Christmas when these old people's get fed up and have some grandkids key your cars up. Don't look stupid and sad then. They told you once. People WILL ********* over when they ask you once, ask you twice and you still give them the finger.

I think OP is the same person who sees no wrong in taking over 2 parking spaces at public places. You know those idiot cars straddling two spots and it's not even an luxury car.

Old 12-13-2011, 06:17 PM

3,390 posts, read 4,948,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DejaBlue View Post
I'm noticing that the few Northern people chiming in have not problem with what OP did.

Of course in NYC there really is no parking spaces BUT in front of someone's brownstone or house or whatever.

Maybe it is a Southern thing. We do always have people saying how nice everyone is in the South so maybe we just know common curtsy.

The moral of this hilarious thread is....raise your hand if you believe OP will continue to park in front of these people's house.

The excuses reek of an EXTREMELY rude and selfish person. OP you are SO determined to get your way and park in front of these people's house. Park SOMEWHERE else!

It's not hard Or is it? Park at another neighbor's house. You have an entire street and lots of other places to park but noooo. You constantly want to annoy these people who already don't like you.

Or if not, I can't wait until Christmas when these old people's get fed up and have some grandkids key your cars up. Don't look stupid and sad then. They told you once. People WILL ********* over when they ask you once, ask you twice and you still give them the finger.

I think OP is the same person who sees no wrong in taking over 2 parking spaces at public places. You know those idiot cars straddling two spots and it's not even an luxury car.
The OP probably would park in another neighbor's spot if he didn't get an earful (or more) for parking his car in front of a neighbor way down the street.

Like I said earlier in this thread, I had a neighbor that did that and his excuse was "well we've been parking there for ten years!" like that made it ok.

He was the same way as the OP, he had plenty of space in his driveway and in his own yard, he simply liked parking there and took the attitude that since it was a public street, common decency didn't matter.

He got nothing but crap from me until he finally decided to move about five years ago.

Old 12-13-2011, 09:24 PM

125 posts, read 198,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
"Rights"?
The right to not have a selfish person park their car in front of your house.
I don't want my own car in the street in front of my house. I don't want someone else to park their car in front of my house.

Again, you are inconveniencing someone else to further your convenience.

If you think the OP is in the right then you are just a self-centered person, period.

Old 12-13-2011, 10:55 PM

2,312 posts, read 3,663,557 times
We've had to put up with Rick Perry for years so who cares about a car on the street

Old 12-13-2011, 11:58 PM

4,422 posts, read 6,254,229 times
Is there any ordinance against parking in front of their house? If not, I would say I will park wherever I g** da** want to. Bottom line: Public property. They have no say in the matter. Tough ****. Tell them if they don't like it, move. Don't lose any sleep over it, either. Just make sure you're not violating any other ordinances.

Old 12-14-2011, 12:01 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,187,728 times
The rude neighbor is the one that thinks they have the right to park in front of my house.

Old 12-14-2011, 12:03 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,187,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewtexan View Post
Is there any ordinance against parking in front of their house? If not, I would say I will park wherever I g** da** want to. Bottom line: Public property. They have no say in the matter. Tough ****. Tell them if they don't like it, move. Don't lose any sleep over it, either. Just make sure you're not violating any other ordinances.
I'm glad you're not my neighbor!

Last edited by Bideshi; 12-14-2011 at 01:03 AM..

Old 12-14-2011, 12:07 AM

101 posts, read 370,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
I'm glad your not my neighbor!
He's from the northeast. Explains a lot.

Old 12-14-2011, 12:18 AM

2,945 posts, read 4,988,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacheskitty View Post
He's from the northeast. Explains a lot.
He's a new Texan. He doesn't know proper etiquette yet.

Old 12-14-2011, 07:11 AM

3,390 posts, read 4,948,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewtexan View Post

If you were my neighbor, you'd lose quite a bit of sleep over it because you'd have some busted tail lights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: