Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2011, 01:05 AM

86 posts, read 249,904 times

Advertisements

This is a confused post. We have been focussing on 77096 area and thought it is very comfortable commute to downtown area/uh/ medical where we have to be for work. Recently we even considered westbury area. After touring some of the elementary schools things just didn't click for us in many of these. Although kolter seems good.. We are somehow unsure.

So now looking at 77079.. From research it looks like wilchester/memmorial/ stratford is the best combination we can find if we decided to commute a bit further than where we are now ( meyerland). Is this true?

I saw this listing very close to the park in Southchester lane.. Listed for mid 600s.. Is that a good area.. Also what would be the best route to coomute from there to downtown/UH area.. Heard bad things about I10 and 59 seems bad compared to 610 which we take now..
Again wondering what exactly we would gain by moving.. Perhaps wilchetser elementary is not too different than kolter and stratford high is not too different than Bellaire overall.. Any words of wisdon?

Oh and also it does not seem like our current RE agent may be the best if we look in 77079 area.. But we don't want to ditch her either..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2011, 02:43 PM

9,273 posts, read 26,489,277 times
The Westpark isn't too bad if you can get on it before 7:15. It's 15 minutes to 610...then you are on your own getting in any further.

Great area. Can't boost Wilchester anymore. Park proximity is amazing and so is the appreciation.Based on current listings, I've already made a profit with extensive remodels in the past three years. Schools are very solid, and no rezoning craziness going on in SBISD. I dare to venture that you could even go over to Nottingham Forest for more bang for the buck and have a club to boot.

As to schools, Memorial schools have a whole different vibe than the Bellaire zoned schools.They are even different from the MPC schools as well... You need to take a tour to make you own decision.

I would suggest making some dry runs to and from the area at your commute times. If it works for you, the investment and area is more than solid. many people take the downtown express bus and then go rail to the med center. The 131 runs right down Memorial.

Clint Simpson with Greenwood King is who I would recommend as a realtor in that area. He has pre-market listings as well.

Merry Christmas

Last edited by EasilyAmused; 12-24-2011 at 02:52 PM..

Old 08-12-2015, 03:40 PM

82 posts, read 101,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EasilyAmused View Post
As to schools, Memorial schools have a whole different vibe than the Bellaire zoned schools.They are even different from the MPC schools as well...
s
Sorry to bring up old threads but, can anyone expand on this? Currently at HISD (Roberts elem), but contemplating Nottingham/Wilchester or Sugarland.

Old 08-12-2015, 04:20 PM

9,273 posts, read 26,489,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bilz987 View Post
Sorry to bring up old threads but, can anyone expand on this? Currently at HISD (Roberts elem), but contemplating Nottingham/Wilchester or Sugarland.
That was me. Some old threads being dug up today.

The area schools have a suburban feel to them with the parental involvement, yet there is diversity within them. You get that Mayberry feel of an MPC, yet some urban elements to them as well. It's an inbetween "vibe," I would say. Yet smaller high School enrollment numbers than the big MPC areas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston