Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 10:30 PM

682 posts, read 834,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistergus75 View Post
What we're really discussing (arguing) about has nothing really to do with the law, or what's done in other countries, etc. What we're talking about is the same thing that determines how people vote.

Values.

Rather or not someone is offended or approves of breastfeeding in public is entirely and totally determined by their values. And as this country turns more and more away from God, this kind of thing will happen more and more.

My goodness, look at San Francisco, a city completely lost to Christianity. There public nudity is allowed. The only restriction they face is having to use a towel when they sit down in a restaurant!

I don't think too many who approve of breastfeeding in public are evangelicals.

Modesty. Values. Purity. And everyone has to take a side.

That's what we're really talking about.
1) Lots of Christians in San Francisco.
2) God created and stamped his approval on the human body. God made the penis and God made the breast. Not only did God make breast but God made them to feed our babies. Why are you so against God's own work?
3) I see nothing in your spewing that would ever prove to any of us that you are a Christian.

P.S. Off topic. Lots of self claiming Christians believe the Bible literally. So ask them one day why God created Eve. Most will say because God wanted man to have companionship. Then ask them...so does that mean God added a penis to Adam when he created Eve? Think about it...if God designed Adam to no have Eve...why would Adam need a penis?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2011, 03:23 AM

26,699 posts, read 41,737,988 times
Okay legally, moms are in the right, however I think it is good taste to take it to a private room if possible and personally I think this nurse-in business is going to do more harm than good for their cause. There are things just better done in private if possible that is all I am saying.

Old 12-29-2011, 05:02 AM

875 posts, read 1,661,502 times
Default Come on..........

If you dont like what you see. You turn the other way. Its natural and its perfectly legal. Some of you are acting like 12 year olds. "ohhhhh she popped her breast out"...grow up..its really not that important.

"i dont want to see that"..well shop at a different Target or go to Walmart. This was blown way out of proportion.

Old 12-29-2011, 06:57 AM

3,333 posts, read 9,173,790 times
You stepped in it now, Gus. Bwahahahahahaha! There's a time to keep you gob shut.

I also raise an eyebrow to any man that says he doesn't like seeing boobies, in any scenario.

Just sayin'...

Ronnie

Old 12-29-2011, 09:58 AM

2,075 posts, read 4,446,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistergus75 View Post
And as this country turns more and more away from God, this kind of thing will happen more and more.
It's all a part of the devils soul-snatching business plan:

Step 1 - Women breastfeeding in the open

Step 2 - ?

Step 3 - Profit!

Old 12-29-2011, 10:15 AM

123 posts, read 258,053 times
Once again, baby eating=any other human eating. Anywhere that you are allowed to eat, someone's infant should be as well.
As for modesty and evangelicals, etc., that's rediculous. More breast is showed on a Victoria's Secret poster than what most women show while breastfeeding. I consider myself to be quite modest. I don't wear short shorts and rarely sleeveless shirts. I breastfed anywhere my child was hungry.
Modesty is subjective anyway. As already mentioned, for some modesty is a full burka, for others, long dresses for woman only, etc.
Breastfeeding is the biological norm for feeding a small human. That what breasts are for. If our society hadn't hypersexualized the breast in the first place this wouldn't even be an issue.

Old 12-29-2011, 02:44 PM

443 posts, read 1,793,054 times
Why is this even an issue? We should be more concerned about serious issues like Lindsay Lohan and her drug problems.

Old 12-29-2011, 02:51 PM

543 posts, read 1,387,025 times
You're obviously don't know what you're talking about.
Not all babies will take a bottle. Besides, breast milk is sterile while bottle milk is not. Get it?
---------
Quote:
Originally Posted by westhou View Post
Breast pump. Pump the milk into a bottle at home and take it with you when out in public. That way you don't have to go to a restroom and your child still gets breast milk and not formula. Why is this not an option?

Old 12-29-2011, 03:19 PM

443 posts, read 1,793,054 times
Breast feeding is way over rated

Old 12-29-2011, 05:15 PM

2,465 posts, read 5,792,275 times
Free food mate.... Have you check the prices of "formula" lately?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor_McCheese View Post
Breast feeding is way over rated
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston