Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 08:45 AM

23,739 posts, read 14,840,115 times

Advertisements

It was not US mail. It was UPS.

Another reason why we need to keep the USPS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2012, 10:06 AM

168 posts, read 468,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texas7 View Post
Hmm, not sure what you can legally do as it was delivered to the correct address.

Actually it doesn't matter if it was delivered to the correct address, the law specifically states that it is a felony to tamper with someone elses mail regardless of the carrier. If they accepted the delivery and opened it then they have therefore tampered with someone elses mail and are in violation of the law.

Old 01-02-2012, 12:10 PM

18,041 posts, read 25,061,271 times
I ran into enough wealthy pricks to know that there are pricks everywhere.
I guess it makes it even easier for me to spot them since I don't "look like them" and have worked with people ranging from janitors to VPs.

Old 01-02-2012, 12:33 PM

44,257 posts, read 64,062,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
I ran into enough wealthy pricks to know that there are pricks everywhere.
I guess it makes it even easier for me to spot them since I don't "look like them" and have worked with people ranging from janitors to VPs.
I don't think they are wealthy. They are renting...and in the part of The Woodlands where the houses are about $150k.

Old 01-02-2012, 12:37 PM

18,041 posts, read 25,061,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I don't think they are wealthy. They are renting...and in the part of The Woodlands where the houses are about $150k.
What I meant is that I learned that there are pricks everywhere no matter how much money they make.

Old 01-02-2012, 12:57 PM

Called the sheriff there. State not much they can do about it. They are suggesting small claims court.

It's not even the money. It's that someone would be such a freakin' prick.

Old 01-02-2012, 01:10 PM

847 posts, read 1,742,311 times
don't think it's worth going to small claims court, although it was an expensive bottle of wine.....i would seriously register that address for some junk mail.

Old 01-02-2012, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluelion_ms3 View Post
don't think it's worth going to small claims court, although it was an expensive bottle of wine.....i would seriously register that address for some junk mail.
Yeah. I am not a vengeance person. But it's worth it to me to right a wrong...if all the nice people always put up with the crap the rat bastard people perpetrate, they will keep doing it.

Thankfully, I know about a bazillion lawyers, so I will start with a letter from one of them...

Old 01-02-2012, 01:52 PM

2,075 posts, read 4,426,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Called the sheriff there. State not much they can do about it. They are suggesting small claims court.

It's not even the money. It's that someone would be such a freakin' prick.
Did they give you the option of filing a police report? You and the recipient most certainly have a right to file a report alleging mail fraud/tampering. Then it's on the police to investigate and decide whether or not to prosecute. More than likely, they won't prosecute. But it'd be nice if they at least sent an officer over there with the proof you provided to ask the scumbags whats up.

Since you have lawyer friends, ask them what they think. My assumption would be filing a police report would be a good first step to start a paper trail... but I'm not a lawyer.

Old 01-02-2012, 02:29 PM

404 posts, read 1,238,880 times
Boy, do I agree with the good guys standing up to the scum but kind of got blasted on this site once for doing so since it would be my fault and I was asking for it if I got shot for speaking up. The bad guys wield way too much power and think they're immune to consequences. Times have changed (or people have changed) and I know it exists everywhere but never experienced it or even knew of people who would keep something that didn't belong to them. This is not a huge crime but it is wrong. Write that letter, that may be all it takes. You're dealing with people who have half a brain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston