Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 09:48 AM

3,333 posts, read 9,174,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth713 View Post
i understand you reserve about construction
with is why even when i had my car,i choose to take the bus into downtown.

Rather are not the repairs are work is to blame is hard to say, like i said most of th bussiness on main street cater to the hardest indy to break into, clubs and food joints, both have a failure rate of 70 + precent.. I have been to hot clubs and come back a yr later and they are close, without any construction have taken place on those street in decades
??? Esl?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2012, 09:51 AM

221 posts, read 336,321 times
Yes, very few folks live there compared to the rest of Houston. WHY should I go downtown? I don't live or work there. There are other preferable, more convenient options for entertainment and dining, and certainly shopping throughout the Houston metro. Downtown is usually more hassle than it's worth for me.

Old 01-04-2012, 09:51 AM

1,473 posts, read 2,150,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonRonnie View Post
WTF?
you seem to really what to pick a fight huh ?

Old 01-04-2012, 09:55 AM

3,333 posts, read 9,174,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth713 View Post
you seem to really what to pick a fight huh ?

Not if you string just two sentences together that are decipherable. I'll respond every time if I can figure out what the hell you're saying. I'd suggest reading what you typed before you hit "submit".

No fight needed.

Ronnie

Old 01-04-2012, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonRonnie View Post
Not if you string just two sentences together that are decipherable. I'll respond every time if I can figure out what the hell you're saying. I'd suggest reading what you typed before you hit "submit".

No fight needed.

Ronnie
Well seeing as how I spend the majority of my day writing and reading official reports, for hours on end I will forgive myself for being a little lacks on a chat forum. Since the people who I addressed reponsed I will assume they at least got the gest of my comment.

Second if you really did not understand a simple matter of asking me to be clearer would have gone alot farther than smart ass emoticons. Right?

Old 01-04-2012, 10:09 AM

1,211 posts, read 3,557,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth713 View Post
Well seeing as how I spend the majority of my day writing and reading official reports, for hours on end I will forgive myself for being a little lacks on a chat forum.
lol....whatever

Old 01-04-2012, 10:15 AM

Now I don.t tend to taken certain things personally , I am aware that sometimes I type father than I can, or I structure my sentences in a manner that makes them hard to read. I read and write reports everyday that can be used for courts and police reports ,so in my personal life I can be known to get a little lazy with my spelling, I also talk fast in person which promotes people to ask me to slow down. Which is find I have no problem correcting myself ,however when someone seem to be going out of their way to make a point about it I can become a ass hole, because the truth is pointing it out to me can be enough to get me back on track, but being a smart ass about it makes me return the favor

Old 01-04-2012, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCH99 View Post
lol....whatever
yeah cus I'm so here to please you.

Old 01-04-2012, 10:22 AM

12,735 posts, read 21,779,367 times
I think your downtown will get better.

Old 01-04-2012, 10:53 AM

286 posts, read 739,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveGl View Post
Yes, very few folks live there compared to the rest of Houston. WHY should I go downtown? I don't live or work there. There are other preferable, more convenient options for entertainment and dining, and certainly shopping throughout the Houston metro. Downtown is usually more hassle than it's worth for me.
Even living 3 miles from downtown and having free parking (courtesy of my employer), we rarely go anymore. We used to go a lot for the Astros, the theatre, restaurants, and Angelica. Maybe with Sundance, we'll try again. However, with the Rice Military and Heights picking up so much stuff, especially good eateries, there's really no point in heading downtown except for something like Bombay Pizza, which you can't replicate elsewhere. Plus, the homeless/panhandler population can get annoying quick when you can't walk more than a block without getting hit up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston