Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 08:42 PM

2,945 posts, read 4,991,946 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dionysus View Post
Yeah, so I did a search on Google...
There doesn't seem to be a University of Saint Thomas in Austin. You must mean the one in Houston (Montrose) then.
I, too, am wondering why you just don't live near the school
The "alternative lifestyle" thing...
Do you mean you're gay? That's the only thing I can think of. I guess you weren't aware of this, but Montrose is the gayborhood of Houston.
I live in Montrose myself. Believe me: EVERYONE living in the neighborhood will accept you.
I've never heard of the phrase gayborhood so I got a nice snicker/chuckle

Quote:
Originally Posted by tebor79 View Post
If I'm picking up the context clues correctly then I'm pretty sure what you're looking for is illegal in the US and you will have a hard time finding like minded individuals in Houston.
ROTFLMAO! Wow, that's really snarky and so wrong but really kinda funny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2012, 09:05 PM

18 posts, read 37,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dionysus View Post
Yeah, so I did a search on Google...
There doesn't seem to be a University of Saint Thomas in Austin. You must mean the one in Houston (Montrose) then.
I, too, am wondering why you just don't live near the school
The "alternative lifestyle" thing...
Do you mean you're gay? That's the only thing I can think of. I guess you weren't aware of this, but Montrose is the gayborhood of Houston.
I live in Montrose myself. Believe me: EVERYONE living in the neighborhood will accept you.

I think generally speaking, when people refer to "alternative lifestyle/living" they're talking about coops or something similiar. Where a bunch of like minded people get together, buy/rent a house and act as a kind of pseudo family.
Co-operative living arrangements - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Gay is just gay, people usually ask about gayborhoods out-right.

Old 01-25-2012, 12:05 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shani michelle View Post
Does anyone know where to find a place that is tolerant of people and dogs? I am from Austin and trying to find somewhere with like-minded people in the Houston area.

???? You think you have to find a special place in Houston to find people who are tolerant of people and dogs?

Old 01-25-2012, 12:06 AM

173 posts, read 411,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
???? You think you have to find a special place in Houston to find people who are tolerant of people and dogs?
Look shes looking for alternative area,god dont be ignorant.

Old 01-25-2012, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by syoung1234 View Post

BIGGEST PET PEEVE- people posting comments with nothing to say. If you can't be helpful, you're just taking up space and making the rest of us scroll through more pages than necessary.

Yes, I would actually like to learn something from reading posts.
Um. How is this any less annoying than someone who comes on here, insults the people of Houston (as a Dallasite, that's MY perogative, btw) by acting like they have to live in some little enclave now that they are outside the protective confines of Austin, and then is TOTALLY FREAKIN' VAGUE about what it is they are looking for?

That should be your pet peeve.

Are those code words or something?! Wth?

Old 01-25-2012, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Um. How is this any less annoying than someone who comes on here, insults the people of Houston (as a Dallasite, that's MY perogative, btw) by acting like they have to live in some little enclave now that they are outside the protective confines of Austin, and then is TOTALLY FREAKIN' VAGUE about what it is they are looking for?

That should be your pet peeve.

Are those code words or something?! Wth?
Took words out of my mouth. I was starting to wonder if i was the only one feeling offended. Like you have to ask where the "alternative" places are to live. As if liberal,open minded females, oh yeah with a dog aren't welcome all over in houston. I mean come on this is a huge metropolitan city,you'll fit in. Sorry we're not as cool as Austin LOL....

Old 01-25-2012, 12:49 AM

I still don't understand what an 'alternative' place is, either.

Like people listen to New Order and Depeche Mode there, or what?

Old 01-25-2012, 12:55 AM

Quote:
I still don't understand what an 'alternative' place is, either.

Like people listen to New Order and Depeche Mode there, or what?
LOL. god you dont know what alternative is?

Old 01-25-2012, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydes View Post
LOL. god you dont know what alternative is?
I know what the word alternative is. I just don't know what SHE means by alternative.

It's very sloppy writing to assume your audience knows what your niche word usage means.

Old 01-25-2012, 06:04 AM

8,895 posts, read 19,999,878 times
Trying to be overly politically correct in her description I guess
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: