Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2012, 12:27 PM

3,440 posts, read 5,695,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae713 View Post
I clearly said if Yates continues to perform like he has. Like how you didn't bold thy at part. He hit the rookie wall at the worst time. Schaub wasnt a high draft pick either. Let's see what Yates can do with an offseason. He has already shown good poise at times.

What does Schaub do that Yates can't with experience?
Experience doesn't always promise that someone will get better.

Yates may or may not get better.

We missed Schaub's ability to put points on the board that Yates didn't do.

We all hoped that David Carr would get better and it didn't happen.

Bottom line is that no matter how good you think Yates is going to be in the "future", Schaub is still going to be our starting quarterback.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2012, 12:36 PM

16,505 posts, read 26,096,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txstate View Post
3 interceptions against the Ravens c'mon, Andre drops a key 3rd down play pass, miss fg, Jacoby Jones..., bad play calling on 4th and 2 its :22 left. keep giving the ball to Foster.
It would've been 4 if Ray Lewis held on to the ball.

Old 01-18-2012, 07:10 PM

1,574 posts, read 2,950,117 times
Yates had some chances and couldn't make the plays. Next year he will go back to being the number 3 guy. I don't ever see him being the guy. Will he still be sitting around in 4 or 5 years when Schaub is done? I think he will be gone by then. I have never been a Jacoby Jones fan. His big plays are few and far between. Next year, they need to find one more DB and one more WR. We really need a speedy WR who can burn people and go up and get balls. That is really all the offense lacks. I think Reed will do fine in that spot since Mario will be gone.

Old 01-19-2012, 02:36 AM

587 posts, read 1,129,600 times
Im sure most of you guys have been listening to the talking heads on 97.5, 610 790, 1560 and ralph cooper on 1430...most of the talk from the radio host focused on the four turnovers, the inability of the Texans to move to ball into scoring position in the second half, and on how great the defense played, but they didnt force a turnover.

Most of the fans, as soon as the game was over, were boiling mad and took out their frustrations on WR Jacoby Jones and his muffed punt in the 1st quarter with 11:10 seconds on the clock...it wasnt the fourth quarter.....just think about that for a minute fair weather fans.....the game had only been played for 3mins and 50 seconds...are you guys saying that the other 56 mins and 10 seconds, the Texans were not going to be able to come back from what was a 7-3 score at the time?...yeah, Jacoby made a bone head play, but you can overcome turnovers in the first quarter....look at how many times the Saints turned the ball over in the first half(four times) vs the 49ers, and they ended up taking the lead before their defense gave it back in the closing seconds.

Yates 1st int led to a bmore td....the Texans punter had a horrible game, his short punt led to a bmore fg....so it was 17-3 before you even had a chance to grab your second or third brew out of the cooler.....

Kubiak never adjusted his game plan to counter what bmore was doing on defense...Kubiak should have been playing field position once he realized it was a defensive game....they should have punted the ball when Rackers missed that 50 yd fg and pinned Bmore deep in their own territory...the way the Texans D had Joe Flacco rattled, no telling what would have happened....bmore only blitzed one time all game, and they rushed four players...as soon as Yates dropped back to pass, ray lewis and the other bmore backers just turned and ran upfield, covering the middle and that took away the easy throws to the tight end and the crossing patterns......

While Andre Johnson is a great receiver and future hall of famer, we forced the ball to him....and it appeared that the gameplan was we are going to go to Andre no matter what......Kubiak should have continued to run Foster....he ran the ball at will in the first half, but for some reason in the second half, his touches dropped, and he didnt touch the ball in the last 8 minutes of the game...

those home run balls were inexcusable, but even on the fourth and two hail mary with 22 seconds left, the ball hit Kevin Walter in the back and Walter never even looked back for the ball.......Yates had plenty of room to run out of the pocket all game long, but he only ran one time.....he could have gotten 20 yards rushing on that last play and got out of bounds with about 10 seconds left and we would have been at the bmore 25 or so making a jump ball scenario much easier...

all things considered, the loss sucked...the Texans D did enough to keep them in the game, but Bmore was able to eat five mins off the clock on their last fg drive....

what this reminds me of is when the Rockets lost to Seattle in the 2nd round in 1993..you remember that game 7 in Seattle, when another former whipping boy around here, Kenny Smith, missed a wide open three pointer from the top of the key that would have won the game, but we ended up losing in OT.....the Rockets went on to win the 1994 and 1995 nba titles, with Kenny Smith starting at pg on both teams

the astros took their lumps, struggling in the playoffs multiple times, before they finally broke through in 2005 and made it to the world series but had to break the team up after that..

so, dont be discouraged guys....no team in the nfl, none of them, could have survived what the Texans did with all the injuries this season and make it to the divisional round of the playoffs...this is the first step....next year is when we make our mark with a healthy squad, and at least 5 national tv appearances

.....The Texans most definitely need to draft a #2 WR, and possible the future top wideout in this deep WR draft.....I like Alshon Jeffrey from South Carolina myself...he is a bigger faster version of Andre.....heck, go ahead and draft two receivers, one who can return punts and kicks, like Joe Adams from Arkansas or TY Hilton from Florida International.....we also must address that other cornerback spot....Jason Allen and kareem jackson are the weak spots in that defense, and look how the Ravens went constantly at those two all game when they did compete a pass to a wideout

Old 01-19-2012, 09:08 AM

9,221 posts, read 15,867,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Dollar View Post
Yates had some chances and couldn't make the plays. Next year he will go back to being the number 3 guy. I don't ever see him being the guy. Will he still be sitting around in 4 or 5 years when Schaub is done? I think he will be gone by then. I have never been a Jacoby Jones fan. His big plays are few and far between. Next year, they need to find one more DB and one more WR. We really need a speedy WR who can burn people and go up and get balls. That is really all the offense lacks. I think Reed will do fine in that spot since Mario will be gone.
Why would he go back to third string? He's clearly second now and Leinart is gone. Eight games into his career and you already want to call him a bust. Going against the number three defense on the road and in the playoffs. You remember the game schaub had the last time he played them?

Old 01-19-2012, 11:04 AM

16,505 posts, read 26,096,575 times
Quote:
Why would he go back to third string? He's clearly second now and Leinart is gone. Eight games into his career and you already want to call him a bust. Going against the number three defense on the road and in the playoffs. You remember the game schaub had the last time he played them?
Yates definately doesn't deserve to be third string after this season. He should sit behind Schaub until another team picks him up in a trade. I like Yates and hopes he does well.

Old 01-19-2012, 12:30 PM

1,574 posts, read 2,950,117 times
Quote:
It wasn't a 2 year deal Leinart had? I thought it was. If it wasn't, then my bad. If it was, then yes, back to third string.

Old 01-19-2012, 04:39 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,867,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Dollar View Post
It wasn't a 2 year deal Leinart had? I thought it was. If it wasn't, then my bad. If it was, then yes, back to third string.
They're not going to bring Leinart back when they have other people to resign. Yates is the clear backup at least. You're the first person I've seen think he is going bafk to third string.

Old 01-20-2012, 06:03 AM

2,086 posts, read 4,102,251 times
All things considered I thought the playcalling lost the game.

Old 01-20-2012, 06:36 AM

14,169 posts, read 22,583,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
As bad as Jones' play was, I hate it when people take it out on one player for a bad play.
Jones wasn't the only that played and there's a lot of other people that also messed up.

Besides, if Jones is so bad, it's the coach's fault that he was on the field.

I'm mad about his mistake, but we can't go on a witchhunt because a guy made a mistake.
His bonehead play led to seven easy points for the Ravens in a game that the Texans lost by four. It was the costliest mistake of all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: