Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2012, 02:10 PM

22 posts, read 64,749 times

Advertisements

Your lot that backs to a busy road will be more difficult to sell. As the area grows the traffic noise will rise and being near a flood plain is also problematic; you don't know how the road construction will alter the flood plain. They say it won't but tell that to the Spring Branch homeowners. They never flooded until I-10 was last expanded. Everyone involved with the road construction is exempt from lawsuits also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2012, 02:33 PM

3,333 posts, read 9,170,918 times
And this is a problem how? It's Texas, after all.

Ronnie

Old 02-10-2012, 03:50 PM

Hi Ronnie, my point was that you should always buy with selling in mind otherwise being able to move on your timetable can be difficult. IF you buy cheaply enough then it isn't such a problem because you have can sell cheaper. But when you add a home on the lot then there's even more money at stake. There are thousands of Houstonians in lousy subdivisions and/or lousy locations that are bringing money to closing just to get out of a bad situation. Being near a busy road, train, gun range (in BLE's case), or airport has a negative affect on sales.

Old 02-10-2012, 04:03 PM

2,480 posts, read 7,136,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LITTB View Post
Hi Ronnie, my point was that you should always buy with selling in mind otherwise being able to move on your timetable can be difficult. IF you buy cheaply enough then it isn't such a problem because you have can sell cheaper. But when you add a home on the lot then there's even more money at stake. There are thousands of Houstonians in lousy subdivisions and/or lousy locations that are bringing money to closing just to get out of a bad situation. Being near a busy road, train, gun range (in BLE's case), or airport has a negative affect on sales.
Where was your post a couple of years ago when we had to bring $21,000 to the table to get out of our house. Handing over the keys to your house, plus a check =

Old 02-10-2012, 05:07 PM

Oh boy, I'm sorry you went through that. Way too many have and sadly it's not over.

Old 04-29-2012, 12:25 AM

1 posts, read 2,947 times
We just moved to BLE recently and absolutely love it. I read this thread a few months ago and wanted to see and hear for myself before we purchased a $600K+ home. I went to BLE almost daily, spending a good deal of time in Sec. 7 although that is not where we bought. If I heard gunshot sounds in Sec. 7 they were incredibly faint. Carter's Country is over 1.75 miles south (from the southernmost lot in BLE) with a massive wooded preserve in between. I have spoken with over 10 people from HPD and MCSO. Their consensus was the basically the same, I'm quoting "there ain't a chance in h*** of anyone in your neighborhood getting shot" We have three small children and are very conscientious as to their safety. As for planes, IAH is close, but not too close. Almost all arrival traffic flies right over the Woodlands over to Porter and on down. The majority of flights leaving IAH are heading north. The flight area for takeoffs is basically 45 to the west and 59 to the east, basically a widening cone due north. Most Houstonians travel 50mins to 1.5 hours to "the airport". From BLE it's 20 mins and 15 if you have a lead foot (easy to to do on the Hardy).

We could not find a neighborhood anywhere in Houston quite like BLE. The 2% taxes, full amenities, great schools, and excellent resale values made it a no-brainer.

Old 04-29-2012, 11:32 AM

497 posts, read 1,485,086 times
I like using the range at Carter's Country but I would not want to live close enough to it that I could hear firing. Noise and traffic are major considerations for me when buying a house.

Old 12-02-2012, 08:25 PM

3 posts, read 6,838 times
It frosts me to read some of these idiotic posts from these haters. Benders Landing Estates is absolutely gorgeous and rare as it pertains to schools, access, value, and resale. Multiple executives from Exxon have bought lots and will be building lovely multi million dollar homes. The creme of the crop of North Houston resides here, do you think the MBA, MD, CEO residents were going to move to neighborhood where a gun range would be a danger? Sure you were contemplating to move here, before or after you won Powerball?

Last edited by decker2520; 12-02-2012 at 08:26 PM.. Reason: BLE

Old 12-02-2012, 08:37 PM

3 posts, read 6,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lane_change View Post
We are actively looking at Benders Landing as well, very good to know that there is a shooting range down near section 7. I think I will be looking to stay in Benders Landing and not in Bender Landing Estates since I want to have a detached garage/workshop and you cannot have that in BLE unless you buy one of the 2 acre lots that back up to the reserve and be very close to a flood zone which I think would make your insurance premiums insanely high.

As far as the Grand Parkway expansion, does anyone have any more information on that? Will it be elevated or just a 4 lane expansion of Riley Fuzzel? I would be very curious to see how this expansion would effect the main entrance to the neighborhood as well as the lots that are close to the front. We saw a great 3.8 acre lot that is in foreclosure for sale for a good price on HAR. It is on a cul-de-sac near the front of BL but it backs up to a 100' easement on Riley Fuzzel...I can't imagine having the expansion run right next to the back side of the property like that. Anyone have a proposed map for the Grand Parkway expansion?

Your mention of detached garage is incorrect. You can build a detached garage in BLE.

Old 12-03-2012, 04:10 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,365,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by decker2520 View Post
Your mention of detached garage is incorrect. You can build a detached garage in BLE.

dont sweat it, you're responding to either Mr Benders or Mr Landings
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston