Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 10:46 AM

471 posts, read 1,607,461 times

Advertisements

Just saw this store last night while driving on Westheimer and literally did a double-take:

"The Sign of Del Taco Rises Over Houston"

I only vaguely remember this chain being here in Houston, and until last night the only other time I've regularly seen them is in the movies, usually movies that are set in L.A.

Are their offerings any better than Taco Bell's?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2012, 10:58 AM

6,489 posts, read 8,814,543 times
Wow, haven't had Del Taco since I was a kid in LA. I don't remember much about it, but I'm pretty sure it beats Taco Bell.

Old 02-23-2012, 11:13 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,146,531 times
Whoopee another overrated fast food place. If we're going to get a resturants from L.A. why can't we get a roscoe's chicken and waffles or a Fat Burger. Don't we have enough damn mexican resturants in this town.

Old 02-23-2012, 11:22 AM

1,822 posts, read 2,002,162 times
I remember them being around Houston in the ... (let me think) .... early 1980s? They were definitely better than Taco Bell. By the way, TB itself used to be much better than it is these days.

Who knows what DT will be like today. The logo doesn't look anything like the old one. Probably the same in name only.

Old 02-23-2012, 12:10 PM

1,408 posts, read 4,054,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Whoopee another overrated fast food place. If we're going to get a resturants from L.A. why can't we get a roscoe's chicken and waffles or a Fat Burger. Don't we have enough damn mexican resturants in this town.
Tell us what you really think.

I've never heard of Del Taco. But I'll give it a chance once to see how it is. Anything is better than Taco Bell these days!

Old 02-23-2012, 12:54 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,146,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Love View Post
Tell us what you really think.

I've never heard of Del Taco. But I'll give it a chance once to see how it is. Anything is better than Taco Bell these days!
Don't get me wrong I love mexican food, but we have too many of them. Its good to get a variety

Old 02-23-2012, 01:16 PM

3,333 posts, read 9,174,639 times
Taco Hell is the bomb! I kid you not, for the price, that's some pretty tastey stuff. Now, mind you, I don't consider it Mexican cuisine, it's just fast food that's better than most. Love them pintos and cheese! I am not too proud to admit that I hit the Hell at least 4x per month. Crunchy tacos, those cinnamon thingies (don't call 'em churros, cuz they ain't) that have the texture of pork rinds, pinto beans, all with fire sauce! Mmmmmm..... It ain't Mexican food, but it's still good.

Just sayin'...

Ronnie

Old 02-23-2012, 04:42 PM

38 posts, read 122,989 times
Del taco!! OMG where??!!!! Im from Los angeles I love their crinkle cut fries and their chicken soft tacos. Their breakfast bacon and egg quesadillas with green chilies are delicious. We always get out Del taco fix when we travel back home to visit.

Hopefully is not a dissapointment as Carls Jr. has been

Old 02-23-2012, 04:53 PM

2,628 posts, read 8,833,187 times
When I was a kid there was one across from Klein High on Louetta Road. Back then it was that or Jack in the crack as the only fast food out there, which was pitiful. I don't remember them as being better than Taco Bell. They were different though, although it has been a LONG time since I have eaten at one. I seem to remember they had a hamburger that was actually okay.

The old shells of the long-gone Del Tacos still exist around town, mostly housing Shipley donuts and things like that now. I think there is one on Richmond between Main and the Spur.

Old 02-23-2012, 05:42 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,658,815 times
Bout time. I only been in Texas a few years but have heard Del Taco used to be here many years ago. They have the only Fries that can compete with McDonalds. We used to see many people order the half gallon bucket of Del Taco fries for dinner and eat nothing else, just fries. They are that good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston