U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2012, 11:20 AM

4 posts, read 4,303 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

I am seriously considering moving from North Jersey to Houston. I have been there several times to visit my roommate from college and everytime I fall more in love with the city, the women, the food, the weather and the lifestyle. I have a great job here in NJ with opportunity to make a lot of money but I have always thought about moving down to Houston. I have friends there so the transition wouldn't be bad. However, my family is here and I do love the Jersey Shore. If anybody has input for me, please feel free to help me make a decision.

Thanks.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2012, 03:58 PM

563 posts, read 841,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northjersey85 View Post
Hi All,

I am seriously considering moving from North Jersey to Houston. I have been there several times to visit my roommate from college and everytime I fall more in love with the city, the women, the food, the weather and the lifestyle. I have a great job here in NJ with opportunity to make a lot of money but I have always thought about moving down to Houston. I have friends there so the transition wouldn't be bad. However, my family is here and I do love the Jersey Shore. If anybody has input for me, please feel free to help me make a decision.

Thanks.
I would definitely post this again in the Houston forum. You would probably get a lot more help.

Do you know if you could find a similar job in Houston that has the same opportunity?

Old 03-08-2012, 04:47 PM

18,509 posts, read 30,306,956 times
If you are working in Jersey you shouldn't leave your job unless you get a better deal down here

Old 03-08-2012, 05:55 PM

816 posts, read 1,805,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
If you are working in Jersey you shouldn't leave your job unless you get a better deal down here
I agree. There are a lot of people out there who struggling to find a job. Should be thankful that you have the job.

I hope you find one soon in Houston then you're good.

Old 03-08-2012, 06:05 PM

1,576 posts, read 2,759,253 times
If you love Jersey, why would you move? My girlfriend moved here a little over a year ago and the change has been brutal for her. I guess it really depends on what kind of things you are into I suppose.

Old 03-08-2012, 07:47 PM

14 posts, read 68,259 times
What area in Houston are you looking at to live?

Old 03-08-2012, 09:12 PM

2,547 posts, read 4,808,604 times
Can you speak Texican redneck or are you not gonna mix with the natives?

My advice, don't come unless you have a job!

Old 03-09-2012, 11:58 AM

4 posts, read 4,303 times
I am in the process of applying for jobs with the same kind of growth opportunity that I have here in Jersey. I like Jersey but I don't love it all besides the shore. The people in Texas are 100 times easier to approach and get along with plus I enjoy the bang you get for your buck. Any direction would be appreciated.

Old 03-09-2012, 03:29 PM

16,791 posts, read 44,904,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northjersey85 View Post
I am in the process of applying for jobs with the same kind of growth opportunity that I have here in Jersey. I like Jersey but I don't love it all besides the shore. The people in Texas are 100 times easier to approach and get along with plus I enjoy the bang you get for your buck. Any direction would be appreciated.
It is hard to make any suggestions when you have not really said what you are looking for or like to do. There are lots of good places to live. It is preferable to find one close to where you will be working so you can avoid the commute traffic. So figure that out first before making any long term commitments on a lease.

You can look up the detailed demographis for any zip code at each city link here //www.city-data.com/city/Texas.html If you look at unemployment, income, poverty level, housing costs, that will tell you a lot about the quality of a neighborhood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: