Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 07:16 AM

102 posts, read 237,493 times

Advertisements

We built a new Legend home in Katy and our one year warranty date is coming up so we recently had someone out, pointed out all the little issues, and they have been working to fix them. Some sheetrock cracking, caulk needing to be touched up, and so forth. At one point we noticed a hairline crack in a toilet tank and they just replaced the whole thing. I don't think Legend offers the standard amenities Lennar does, but I don't really know. The standard in our neighborhood is no extras unless you pay for the upgrades--that includes bricking along the sides, and you can forget the back. You get a fluorescent light hanging from the kitchen ceiling unless you upgrade to canisters. Some of the upgrades were priced fairly, some were not. Get someone else to do your ceiling fans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2012, 10:12 AM

1,743 posts, read 3,819,342 times
My cousin who is a realtor just sold a Legend and it had recessed cans standard in the kitchen, it also came with blinds, fridge, washer & dryer. I asked him if that was standard everywhere and he said yes.

Also, settlement cracks happen in all new homes.

Old 03-13-2012, 12:50 PM

102 posts, read 237,493 times
I can tell you canister lighting is not standard in any room of the house, unless that has changed in the past 11 months. We added them in the living and kitchen. Both upgrades.

This pic from a current listing in our neighborhood shows your standard kitchen lighting. And our neighborhood pricepoint is higher than other Legend developments.

http://search.har.com/engine/disphrp...pAddress=25506

Last edited by kaymurr; 03-13-2012 at 12:59 PM..

Old 03-13-2012, 02:05 PM

1,461 posts, read 5,596,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston321 View Post
My cousin who is a realtor just sold a Legend and it had recessed cans standard in the kitchen, it also came with blinds, fridge, washer & dryer. I asked him if that was standard everywhere and he said yes.

Also, settlement cracks happen in all new homes.
Most builders don't offer free washer and dryer or blinds, but this again depends on what price point and community your cousin is speaking of.

Old 03-13-2012, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaymurr View Post
We built a new Legend home in Katy and our one year warranty date is coming up so we recently had someone out, pointed out all the little issues, and they have been working to fix them. Some sheetrock cracking, caulk needing to be touched up, and so forth. At one point we noticed a hairline crack in a toilet tank and they just replaced the whole thing. I don't think Legend offers the standard amenities Lennar does, but I don't really know. The standard in our neighborhood is no extras unless you pay for the upgrades--that includes bricking along the sides, and you can forget the back. You get a fluorescent light hanging from the kitchen ceiling unless you upgrade to canisters. Some of the upgrades were priced fairly, some were not. Get someone else to do your ceiling fans.
Did you build in Katy Creek?

Interior Design Features are:
• Ceramic tile flooring in entry, kitchen, utility room
and all bathrooms
• Cheyenne style interior doors
• Volume ceilings
• 9’ plate on first floor of two story houses*
• Matte finish cultured marble vanity tops with 4” splash in
all bathrooms, dual wave bowl sinks in master bath
• Brushed Nickel light package
• Prewire for 3 cable and 3 telephone outlets
• Garden Tub & seperate shower with 12x12
ceramic tile surround to match flooring
• Rounded sheetrock corners*
• Plush carpet with quality 1/2” pad
Recessed lighting at kitchen and upstairs hall*
• Wood shelving in all closets and kitchen pantry*
• 2” Faux wood blinds
• Moen plumbing fixtures
• Ceiling fans in master bedroom and family room
• Level 1 c-tile surround with steel tub in secondary baths

Old 03-13-2012, 02:48 PM

28 posts, read 173,507 times
well i got free stainless steal side by side fridge dish washer microwave stove and regular washer and dryer free garage door opener free sprinkler system ceiling fans and 1k off premium lot

sound good to me plus i upgrade tile all in the living room 18x18 tile with grant tops in the kitchen bronze handles ect ect ect.....

Old 03-13-2012, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beto View Post
Most builders don't offer free washer and dryer or blinds, but this again depends on what price point and community your cousin is speaking of.

Sorry, just to clairfy, he said that all Legend communities offer recessed lights standard, along with blinds, washer, dryer, fridge.

Old 03-13-2012, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaymurr View Post
I can tell you canister lighting is not standard in any room of the house, unless that has changed in the past 11 months. We added them in the living and kitchen. Both upgrades.

This pic from a current listing in our neighborhood shows your standard kitchen lighting. And our neighborhood pricepoint is higher than other Legend developments.

25506 Photo Gallery

They must have upgraded their features since you purchased. Also, the reason why your community is higher is because of the location (land) not the home. Being that close to Cinco and the Cinco Schools is going to cost more than buying in Clearview Village zoned to Pasadena Schools.

Old 03-13-2012, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Sorry, just to clairfy, he said that all Legend communities offer recessed lights standard, along with blinds, washer, dryer, fridge.
Its ok.

Old 03-13-2012, 03:18 PM

Quote:
They must have upgraded their features since you purchased. Also, the reason why your community is higher is because of the location (land) not the home. Being that close to Cinco and the Cinco Schools is going to cost more than buying in Clearview Village zoned to Pasadena Schools.
That is correct and the biggest factor is lower taxes and HOA dues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston