Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 10:21 PM

8,928 posts, read 14,339,761 times

Advertisements

It sounds mean, but I love hearing people complain about delays. I used to work at the airport and would get so ticked off at the numerous self-absorbed passengers thinking my only concern in the world is helping them get to grandma's house. Work behind the scenes for a few years and see how patient and understanding of a patron you become.

But United does suck, so I understand the frustration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2012, 08:34 AM

568 posts, read 1,129,249 times
Even Annise Parker, the mayor, made a few comments regarding United and their "service". Ugh.

Old 03-20-2012, 09:47 AM

39 posts, read 106,251 times
It IS disappointing to see the United culture take over the Continental culture of the service. For what it is worth it has been very hard on the Co employees as well to "go from first to well, worst."

Still a few years away to merge the "work groups" but just so those of you know the front line employees are definitely feeling your pain...keep complaining to mgmt.... The mind set and culture of the two airlines is VERY different...hopefully things will get better....soon.

Old 03-20-2012, 03:19 PM

1,290 posts, read 5,437,829 times
The hilarious thing is that if you go to frequent flyer boards, the main complaint is the CO culture taking over United.

Old 03-20-2012, 03:25 PM

613 posts, read 1,002,222 times
Saw the same issues with Northwest and Delta. Used to fly to Asia all the time on Northwest a long time ago because of company requirement. It wasn't great, but it was a lot better than Delta. After the merger, did two Delta trips from Asia to the US. Both times it was an original Northwest plane and crew. Had massive problems which caused us to be grounded over night on one of the flights in Tokyo (flight took off, landing gear did not retract, we circled and dumped fuel before going back). Out for drinks the crew that night and they spend the whole time complaining about Delta.

Nowadays, when traveling internationally I'll pay extra to not fly a US airline. Sad, but they cannot compete with the likes of Singapore Air, Korean Air, Asiana, Cathay. Even the Chinese airlines are better now. Domestically, always fly Southwest unless there is a cheaper option. It is just better than the other US airlines.

Old 03-20-2012, 03:31 PM

4,760 posts, read 13,827,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
It sounds mean, but I love hearing people complain about delays. I used to work at the airport and would get so ticked off at the numerous self-absorbed passengers thinking my only concern in the world is helping them get to grandma's house. Work behind the scenes for a few years and see how patient and understanding of a patron you become.

But United does suck, so I understand the frustration.
You know what? If you work at an airport, your concern SHOULD be to help people get from one destination to another, safely and reliably. If it isn't, you should be in a different line of work.

Old 03-20-2012, 03:33 PM

4,760 posts, read 13,827,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIBS98 View Post
Domestically, always fly Southwest unless there is a cheaper option. It is just better than the other US airlines.
My husband flies every week and he agrees with you.

Old 03-20-2012, 05:38 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,215,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
You know what? If you work at an airport, your concern SHOULD be to help people get from one destination to another, safely and reliably. If it isn't, you should be in a different line of work.
Yeah I was thinking the same thing LOL

Old 03-20-2012, 06:39 PM

613 posts, read 1,002,222 times
Thought same as well, but gave poster the benefit of the doubt and assumed reference was to those annoying individuals in the airport who feel the need to yell and complain everything something doesn't go their way. I have always found that best way to deal with travel frustrations is with a sense of humor and remain relaxed. Gotten a lot of benefit that way; such as a night out with the crew in Tokyo (as referenced above), upgrades, etc. If you are friendly and easy going with people under the worst circumstance, you get a lot more benefit than being a jerk.

Old 03-20-2012, 09:00 PM

60 posts, read 302,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EasilyAmused View Post
I used them 6 times over the past week...... No words. Delays, lack of personnel even in the elite lines, late bags, old planes (did Chicago get all the newer planes CO had?), no snacks, pilots that land like newbies........ Total clusterfluck.

I don't think I'll be flying International with them. ever
Pilots that land like newbies? Please explain to us your qualifications and the criteria you use to judge landings.

By the way there are snacks, you just have to pay for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston