Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 08:22 AM

3,333 posts, read 9,171,487 times

Advertisements

If you don't like it, quit driving by my house.

Ronnie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2012, 08:23 AM

37 posts, read 176,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by testmo View Post
in houston and you will see pretty, fit and educated people.
And fat, ugly, dumb people too. An area like the original poster is hoping for only exists in movies, TV shows.

Old 03-26-2012, 08:26 AM

568 posts, read 1,128,681 times
Yuppies and Summerwood... Never would have guess. *sighs*

Old 03-26-2012, 09:03 AM

169 posts, read 449,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BROWNPLAYBOY310 View Post
I am SO pissed right now! I moved to Summerwood sold on the notion that it was full of young professionals. Not hillbilly scumbags, that's exactly what I was trying to avoid!
In my town, what you consider a "hillbilly scumbag" is the norm, homes here range in price from $250,000-$1 million plus.

anyone can have money.

Old 03-26-2012, 10:00 AM

235 posts, read 803,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornhouston View Post
Wow I am really amazed by some of these comments about Summerwood especially Ihafer comments. I am a resident of the Summerwood community I have lived here for 12 years and basically spent about half my life here. <snip most this shill>
Why don't create a few more accounts to back you up? Might be more convincing than your huge run on paragraph.

Old 03-26-2012, 11:35 AM

137 posts, read 216,160 times
@ Yonkers what are you talking about that was really a random comment . . . I have been getting on this blog for a while but never had a need to create a account to comment until I read this blog entry. Apologies for my run on paragraph I was typing on my iPhone.

Old 03-26-2012, 11:48 AM

225 posts, read 368,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhafer View Post
I'm SOOO glad people on here can read. And I'm very glad people on here know what I think and can put words in my mouth. I have no "vendetta" against Summerwood, and I don't think it's "hoody". Why would I? And I don't think ES is "high society". If you have looked at any of my posts on this board, I have always recommended Summerwood to people on here (along with ES and Lakeshore and Fall Creek).

Everything I wrote in my post is something I have HEARD from Summerwood residents...Not what I think.

Here's what I THINK:
- I think Summerwood is a nice community. I love the ponds, they way it looks, it's kept up nicely, and I always see people out and about.
- I think they offer a lot of great ammenities and community events for their residents - just like ES does.
- I think that Newland Communities owning both ES and Summerwood have zero impact on who actually lives there.
- I think Summerwood has some nicer homes/neighborhoods, and some cheaper ones - just like ES does.
- I think you can live on a great street and have great neighbors. But you can't control who lives next to you no matter where you live.
- I think both Summerwood and Fall Creek are too close to the beltway for my liking.
- I think that there is a lot of land yet to be developed both around Summerwood and Fall Creek and you really have no idea what will be building up around there in the future - could be great, could be not so great.

Here's what I KNOW:
- that within the past year, I know of several people (like 5 different families) who currently live in Summerwood and are looking to move. And those are just people I know.
- It was those Summerwood residents who said they are moving because of the schools (and I believe it to be more the high school, not the elementary school).
- It was a Summerwood resident who called it Summerhood. And i've heard that term before actually several years ago by other adults. Glad you give yourself props on that one.
- It's a Summerwood resident who works for the Humble School District that is looking to send her child to a non-Summerwood school (very telling IMO).
- I have a friend who lives in Summerwood and loves it there. She has a beautiful house, and lives on a great street.

So all that is very telling to me (as a non-Summerwood resident). I will say that before I lived in ES, I lived in another community nearby and lived in a $220,000 house. We lived there 4.5 years. During that time, we watched our neighborhood go downhill. We didn't really like the people moving into the neighborhood, and neither did our original neighbors. While we were there, just on our street - there were 4 homes for sale at various times and all of them were because of the direction the neighborhood was going (and there were only 9 houses on my street). On paper, I personally don't think a $220k house would equal a "riff raff" neighborhood. But that's what it turned into. And we got out.

What I heard about the government housing being protested by Fall Creek residents was from a FALL CREEK resident. And I stated that what I heard about it moving closer to Summerwood was a rumor. I never said that was fact.

I do not bet on any businesses for sure until they break ground on it. They can say they "plan" to build whatever they want. But until it actually breaks ground, it's always up in the air. Like the YMCA that is supposed to be opening up down there. I heard about that years ago, but I have to see it come about.
what neighborhood? Walden?

Old 03-26-2012, 12:00 PM

262 posts, read 650,107 times
There are some really old houses past Deussen park, probably an exit or two down from W. Lake Houston. I was going to that park and I got lost, too. Ended up by some serial-killer streets. That's not in Summerwood proper, though.

Old 03-26-2012, 12:23 PM

235 posts, read 803,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornhouston View Post
@ Yonkers what are you talking about that was really a random comment . . . I have been getting on this blog for a while but never had a need to create a account to comment until I read this blog entry. Apologies for my run on paragraph I was typing on my iPhone.
There are so many 1-2 post count Users who come and spout their opinions and then disappear. They're usually opinions on a service, company, etc but it's not unknown for people to pump up their neighborhood either. Sorry for being cynical but that's what happens when you've been on this forum for years.

Old 03-26-2012, 12:51 PM

137 posts, read 216,160 times
@ Yonkers I understand . . . Also I'm not trying to pump up Summerwood or say that one community is better then another. I honestly think that Summerwood, Eaglesprings, Fall creek, and Lake shore are all great communities with alot of advantages. :-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston