Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 02:40 PM

129 posts, read 460,614 times

Advertisements

.... and free Wi-Fi in our neighborhood cafe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2012, 02:57 PM

1,650 posts, read 3,801,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pemberly283 View Post
I can give a hundred reasons why cross creek ranch is the best development in katy, bar none
1- access to westpark tollway, literally one minute
2- gorgeous trendmaker community who is putting more landscaping, amenities in than any other master planned community in the area
3- full service fitness center included in your hoa dues, yoga, zumba, perosnal trainers, boot camps, all free
4- full onsite cafe, you can sit at the pool and go order a sundae, a milkshake or a brie sandwich-poolside! from the awesome cafe that is award winning. You can meet someone for lunch or coffee in a nice neutral setting inside the cafe.
5- gorgeous trail system, creek and lakeside living
6- Wonderful community feel, there are free events every month for all residents- movie nites, fireworks on the hill, easter egg hunts, bunko for ladies, the list goes on
7- now that cinco ranch connects its literally right next to cinco ranch
8-brand new schools
9- a brand new just broke ground WHOLE FOODS market going in 99 and westpark, a full 4 minute drive.
10- a new kroger and academy coming in as well.
11- downtown fulshear is awesome, quaint and very community focused- st patties day parades, july 4th celebrations, and award winning 4 star rays gourmet grill, essence house cafe, doziers bbq, dekkers american grill etc.
12- monthly education about eco systems and environment learning for kids and adults
13- community wide frisbie golf and tournaments
14- tennis courts, basket ball courts, sand volleyball right off the hiking trail
15- amazing community focused neighbors who throw some amazing block parties and cul de sac/park parties!

do I want to live here, YES I DO! but we cannot as relocating, but I assure you this was our number ONE destination and were gung ho on researching it and feel its simply the best development in katy
it is ALL ZONED to katy ISD schools!

good luck , I am HIGHLY hugely jealous of any future CCR residents!
Fully agree with this, except for a couple things that should be made clear.
First, the westpark tollway access takes more than a minute, especially during rush hour which is more like 15 minutes to get all the way to the actual tollway entrance at 99. Eventually it will be expanded into Fulshear in which case you would then be correct. And even then, I'm not sure I'd even be that happy about it since it's a parking lot during peak commute times, being only two lanes each direction, and you have to pay for it. Second, the landscaping in CCR is different than the other MPC's which is part of what attracted us. It's all very natural and centered around the creek that cuts through the neighborhood. It has been restored and turned into a wildlife refuge. They don't spend a lot of money on annuals and other junk that dies and gets replaced every few months. They use a lot of natural grasses and they are planting A TON of trees with the intent on creating an almost Woodlands like feel down here on this side of town. And the running trails they built are VERY wide which is nice. Overall the neighborhood has more of an Austin feel to us, more than Houston. Third, I agree the gym is very nice. I just hope that as the neighborhood grows, they have classes at better hours and are open on Sundays. Who the heck can get home by 6pm if you work downtown? And some people would rather go to the gym than to church on Sunday. For some it's probably one in the same.

But ya, otherwise you are spot on. I just hope the neighborhood block party thing works out in our section. Ours is brand new and there is only a few of us who have actually moved in. Speaking of culdesacs, the whole neighborhood is almost all culdesacs. Very little through-traffic. Another plus, especially if you have kids.

Old 03-27-2012, 03:11 PM

1,461 posts, read 5,595,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Float View Post
.... and free Wi-Fi in our neighborhood cafe.
Thumbs up.

Old 03-27-2012, 03:41 PM

1,743 posts, read 3,818,989 times
The only thing I don't like is the tax rate and HOA dues. Besides that, great community!

Old 03-27-2012, 03:48 PM

90 posts, read 182,543 times
Ya have to pay to play! I have no problems paying for brand new schools and fresh infratsructure personally!

Old 03-27-2012, 04:57 PM

10 posts, read 24,965 times
Ok I talked to the Perry rep today, the lots were looking at (55) will be June or July!! Yayyyy!! WE just leased our house out, so excited to get building. I am IN LOVE with CCR <3

Old 03-28-2012, 08:18 AM

Congrats!

Old 03-28-2012, 11:11 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,048,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d2mini View Post
Cool story, bro.
CCR is on the border of katy/fulshear. Some people don't realize where Fulshear is since it's such a small town, population less than 1,500 (listed on the street sign, anyway). So saying it's in the katy area is accurate enough and easy to understand. If you want to buy a house just because of the builder, you can live pretty much anywhere. Some of us have other considerations, wants, needs and enjoy life in the burbs.
It's just an observation. Just find it a little bit weird that some in the business poo on a few of the not-as-far-out burb communities that are in development but much closer to already developed areas, while indirectly encouraging buyers to go even further out with glowing reviews of similar but competing communities. Maybe some of these places spend a lot more in marketing (or kickbacks?) than others. Meanwhile, in other threads people in a few of the mentioned places speak of gas prices, needing grocery stores and wanting road expansion. Put two and two together.
Hope that clarifies....

Old 03-28-2012, 11:31 AM

90 posts, read 182,543 times
One brand new whole foods market and a brand new Kroger signature may just may.... Change that? Gee not sure.....

Old 03-28-2012, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
It's just an observation. Just find it a little bit weird that some in the business poo on a few of the not-as-far-out burb communities that are in development but much closer to already developed areas, while indirectly encouraging buyers to go even further out with glowing reviews of similar but competing communities. Maybe some of these places spend a lot more in marketing (or kickbacks?) than others. Meanwhile, in other threads people in a few of the mentioned places speak of gas prices, needing grocery stores and wanting road expansion. Put two and two together.
Hope that clarifies....

Ya, we're all "in the biz" and it's all a big conspiracy to get people as far out into the open land as possible so we can collect them and eat their brains. We actually partnered with Hulu on Jan 1st. Stay where you are unless you want to become part of the human harvest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston