Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2012, 03:25 AM

405 posts, read 1,280,459 times

Advertisements

Well, at least you guys don't live in Boise You want Boring.. Ugh.. I highly doubt Houston is "Boring" relative to a good number of other cities in this country. Perhaps, some people just don't get out enough and enjoy the unique entertainment or cultural activities big cities have to offer.

Have any of those who complained about boring ever been to an Ethiopian restaurant and had spongy injera bread with uniquely spiced Ethiopian food? How about the honey wine called T'ej or the finely roasted and traditionally prepared Ethiopian coffee?

You want that in Boise?? Forget about it.. Gosh, I miss Portland, with respect to this problem.. However, I bet Houston has more than its fair share of Ethiopian Restaurants.

THis is just one example, BTW.. Replace Ethiopian with whatever.. I bet you can get it in Houston.. Most likely you cannot get it in Boise or won't have much of any choices.

Old 04-17-2012, 06:14 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,730,434 times
You guys should let this thread die.

Houston isn't boring, you know it isn't boring. However there are going to be people who hate Houston. It's the same with every city. You don't have to try to change their mind, just be happy knowing you've got a great city. You can't please everyone so who cares if it isn't at the top or even in every ranking? It's still a great place!

Old 04-17-2012, 06:31 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,049,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justme02 View Post
You guys should let this thread die.

Houston isn't boring, you know it isn't boring. However there are going to be people who hate Houston. It's the same with every city. You don't have to try to change their mind, just be happy knowing you've got a great city. You can't please everyone so who cares if it isn't at the top or even in every ranking? It's still a great place!
The Texas bashers would revive it even if it died.

Maybe it should just be closed, like what happened in the Austin forum when someone posted Austin actually got on a fat cities list! But at least that list was based on data. This boring cities list is just someone's blog based on nothing except "I said so, so it must be!" That it even got any attention in the first place is perplexing, probably ulterior motive....

Old 04-17-2012, 06:40 AM

12,735 posts, read 21,769,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticalDream View Post
Well, at least you guys don't live in Boise You want Boring.. Ugh.. I highly doubt Houston is "Boring" relative to a good number of other cities in this country. Perhaps, some people just don't get out enough and enjoy the unique entertainment or cultural activities big cities have to offer.

Have any of those who complained about boring ever been to an Ethiopian restaurant and had spongy injera bread with uniquely spiced Ethiopian food? How about the honey wine called T'ej or the finely roasted and traditionally prepared Ethiopian coffee?

You want that in Boise?? Forget about it.. Gosh, I miss Portland, with respect to this problem.. However, I bet Houston has more than its fair share of Ethiopian Restaurants.

THis is just one example, BTW.. Replace Ethiopian with whatever.. I bet you can get it in Houston.. Most likely you cannot get it in Boise or won't have much of any choices.
Ethiopian food is soooooooo good. Really, does Houston have a good amount of Ethiopian food joints?

Old 04-17-2012, 10:05 AM

1,668 posts, read 4,705,861 times
Houston Zoo Reflection pool, boring:

Tour De Houston, boring:

largest Rodeo in the World, Boring:
http://gotcountryonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/opening.jpg (broken link)

watching our NFL team, it's boring:

Astro's fans, bored to death:

Downtown Fireworks, boring:

fashion shows at the Galleria, boring:

Sunday morning at the country's largest church, must be boring:

Houston Art Car parade, boring:

Museum of Natural Science, painfully boring:

Not much fun to be had in the 2nd Most Boring City in the World is there?

Old 04-17-2012, 10:17 AM

644 posts, read 1,353,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzySWW View Post

Tour De Houston, boring:

Nice pics! I can't wait for the art car parade!!!

Old 04-17-2012, 11:22 AM

1,574 posts, read 2,965,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBoy205 View Post
Ethiopian food is soooooooo good. Really, does Houston have a good amount of Ethiopian food joints?
Blue Nile is really good, but it is expensive by my standards. I know of one other. Regardless of what the HH's will say, there are not that many.

Old 04-17-2012, 11:25 AM

1,574 posts, read 2,965,162 times
Quote:

Tour De Houston, boring:

The Art Car Parade is pretty cool actually, but showing thousands of people at church didn't help the cause.

Old 04-17-2012, 11:29 AM

1,473 posts, read 2,149,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Dollar View Post
The Art Car Parade is pretty cool actually, but showing thousands of people at church didn't help the cause.
I would,nt sleep on the olsen church, people from all over the world come just to here him speak

Old 04-17-2012, 11:45 AM

18,126 posts, read 25,269,498 times
Quote:
Forgot the Houston Rockets and the Houston Dynamo with their new stadium
and on June 23rd I'm going to go to watch a rugby game at the new Dynamo stadium between US and Italy.
USA Rugby vs. Italy | bbvacompassstadium.com

Toyota Center - Houston Rockets

BBVA Stadium - Houston Dynamo

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/418418_10150579552606150_20105631149_9216848_25675 9012_n.jpg (broken link)

US vs Italy game - June 23rd @ BBVA Stadium - Houston

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston