Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 09:03 AM

834 posts, read 2,684,020 times

Advertisements

Sucks! I'm a "triple checker" and always make sure the car seat is empty before locking car. Now I only have one kid, so cannot relate well to parents with more than one kid. It's tough enough with one and all other things happening elsewhere. Leave work at work!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2012, 09:16 AM

613 posts, read 1,002,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
Never left your keys/phone/purse/wallet in the car? It happens. I feel for this family, I can't imagine how they feel.
Seriously? You are seriously going to compare your keys or wallet with a child? I can't even dignify this with an answer.

I am absolutely horrified that anyone thinks there is a reasonable excuse for leaving your child (or a pet) in the car on a hot day.

Old 05-04-2012, 11:20 AM

4,246 posts, read 12,024,391 times
So a cold car is ok to leave a baby in alone? I feel bad for your kids.

Old 05-04-2012, 11:32 AM

3,333 posts, read 9,172,989 times
It's odd. When's the last time you heard "Dog dies in hot car"? Apparently, either folks take better care of their dogs than babies or the media doesn't care about dogs.

Ronnie

Old 05-04-2012, 11:55 AM

16,508 posts, read 26,301,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIBS98 View Post
Seriously? You are seriously going to compare your keys or wallet with a child? I can't even dignify this with an answer.

I am absolutely horrified that anyone thinks there is a reasonable excuse for leaving your child (or a pet) in the car on a hot day.
Reasonable excuse? No.
I guess it's utterly and physically IMPOSSIBLE to forget a child in the car. That's what you're getting at right?

Old 05-04-2012, 12:03 PM

3,106 posts, read 9,123,516 times
I cannot imagine the guilt, horror, and pain he feels and what the emotions between this couple must be right now.

He will be beating himself up far worse than what anyone here can write in judgement of him. We'll all walk away from our keyboards professing that we would never do this as a responsible parent. He will walk around as a devastated parent for perhaps, the rest of his life.

I hope they manage to find some sort of peace.

Old 05-04-2012, 12:12 PM

1,473 posts, read 2,150,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnh View Post
ANY kind of parent could forget a sleeping baby in the back of a car, I don't care how smug and self-righteous one feels in their parenting style. Who among us has never made a mistake?

Fatal Distraction: Forgetting a Child in the Backseat of a Car Is a Horrifying Mistake. Is It a Crime?

A horrible accident, what a tragedy for this family. My heart breaks for them.
Nope sorry , when I was married , my step-son was top 3 on things I thought about every min of the day, thats a sorry ass excuse, and I was navigating a damn warship, so I forgot fails in my book

Old 05-04-2012, 12:18 PM

560 posts, read 539,913 times
I really do feel for the family, and like others the father will surely feel the remose of his actions for rest of his life.....i can't even imagine!!!

In the past, before becoming a mom I used to think impossible but always gave that small shred of doubt to them. As like one poster said, sleepless nights, change in schedule, in a hurry....but I don't buy that now. I'm a mom of 11 months baby and there were days when I was just TIRED!!! but still never forgotten my son in the back....however, I have forgotten the wallet and lost my car keys on two separate occasions. Being compared to losing a set of keys or forgetting your wallet....is CRAZY!!! the "forgotten" item was a BABY!! huge difference in my book.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Old 05-04-2012, 12:20 PM

613 posts, read 1,002,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
Reasonable excuse? No.
I guess it's utterly and physically IMPOSSIBLE to forget a child in the car. That's what you're getting at right?
If you are an idiot who is not fit to be a parent, I guess it is possible.

For all others....

Have you ever had a child? It is impossible to go hours without noticing a 7-month old is not around.

Old 05-04-2012, 12:43 PM

5,976 posts, read 15,268,391 times
Default Well....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIBS98 View Post
There is no excuse for leaving your child in a car, period.

I'm on my third baby, neither my wife nor I have ever come remotely close to forgetting there is a baby in the back seat so, no, I cannot relate.
Yet.

Do you think the father, or mother would have intentionally done that? It could happen to any of us. The outcome is tragic, but the mechanics of it are no different than forgetting your cell phone at home, your wallet, or leaving your lights on in your car. Just a strongly and rightgeous you feel now, do the parents of this poor child in regards to qustiioning how this could have ever happened. You'll forget about it soon, but this will be a burden on these parents until the day they die, and they will think of it every day in between, most likely.

Also, if someone dies in an accident, do you feel as strongly about that? Should the deceased have known better than to wake up that morning and get in a vehicle? You would never intentionally have a car accident, would you? Do you see now how your statement is irrelevant in this type of a tragedy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston