Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 03:44 PM

799 posts, read 3,678,652 times

Advertisements

Once again, I have to agree! I love the Klein/Cypress areas. We have amazing homes out here. I love this area because you can stand in the store and talk casually to a person whose home takes up an entire block and you would never know it unless you followed them home. People are much less caught up in where you live and what car you drive then most places. It makes it nice for everyone. My children have friends who live in apartments and friends that live in the million dollar gated communities and don't think anything about it. The kids (teens) who live in these homes are not bothered going to their friends apartments. It's a different outlook here then in some places which makes this community special to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2007, 03:58 PM

2,628 posts, read 8,793,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom22bless View Post
Champion Forest is nice and there are beautiful homes there, but it is like an island in the middle of an ocean.
First let me state I am not a fan of suburbia. I grew up in Klein and have owned a home on 1960, but basically I prefer areas with more character & diversity than the master bland communities of suburbia. To each his own.

That said, If someone held a gun to my head and said you have to move to suburbia, I would choose the Woodlands over Klein myself. The shopping amenities, lack of signage, wooded drives and thoughtful planning make it a little better IMO. It is farther out though.

I doubt very seriously a child would receive a "lesser" education at Klein Collins, Klein or Klein Oaks than in the Woodlands. Both offer a quality education.

I also do not understand the comment Champion Forest is an oasis is an ocean. An ocean of what? Strip centers, woods, other subdivisions that look the same, and general suburban "stuff." I don't think that makes much sense personally.

Old 09-21-2007, 10:27 PM

179 posts, read 855,418 times
That in my opinion is the best area of KISD. I was talking about it being the best while the surrounding areas outside of CF aren't of the same quality.

Old 09-22-2007, 01:49 AM

1,334 posts, read 6,421,134 times
Of course people in Gleannloch, Windrose, Norchester and Augusta Pines and the many dozens of other neighborhoods may disagree with Mom's "expert" appraisal. Certainly they could afford to live there, but don't for some reason....go figure...I guess they're not as smart as Mom.

Old 09-22-2007, 08:53 AM

179 posts, read 855,418 times
They all have the same issues....the neighborhoods are just off by themselves. They are all really nice, but they are just neighborhoods. With the exception of the ones with golf courses.

Old 09-25-2007, 11:13 AM

1,290 posts, read 5,416,736 times
I grew up and still live and work in the Klein area.

I have always liked it a little more than the Woodlands. Don't get me wrong, the Woodlands is very nice, but Klein/Champions area just has a good appeal to me. Not near the snottiness, despite the fact that there is a good chunk of very rich people in the area. It just feels like a good "mix".

Plus, the housing runs about 20% less expensive than the Woodlands and still sells pretty well when you go on the market. I'm building a custom home in Champion Woods near Klein High and Memorial Northwest that would cost 100-150K more in the Woodlands.

Old 09-25-2007, 04:32 PM

799 posts, read 3,678,652 times
Good for you! Champion Woods is very nice!!!
Congratulations on the new home!!

Old 09-28-2007, 04:50 AM

61 posts, read 400,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modster View Post
First let me state I am not a fan of suburbia. I grew up in Klein and have owned a home on 1960, but basically I prefer areas with more character & diversity than the master bland communities of suburbia. To each his own.

That said, If someone held a gun to my head and said you have to move to suburbia, I would choose the Woodlands over Klein myself. The shopping amenities, lack of signage, wooded drives and thoughtful planning make it a little better IMO.

I share your sentiments, I too hate suburbia, but the Woodlands is well designed and full of amenites....

Old 09-30-2007, 06:41 PM

10 posts, read 61,894 times
I live in Northampton in Klein and have lived here since 1981. I'm in my second home in the same subdivision...when it came time to move to a larger home I didn't get the Woodlands a second thought. We've been very happy here. We have good schools, huge lots, old growth trees, good neighborhood churches...and we can take Gosling to the Woodlands to shop if we want but leave the Jones' and traffic behind to come back to Northampton. Kids went to Klein Oak.

Old 10-01-2007, 03:25 PM

1,290 posts, read 5,416,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyeAnjel View Post
Good for you! Champion Woods is very nice!!!
Congratulations on the new home!!
Thanks! I will be in the custom section. I see you are an agent. Bring some people by...I need neigbors!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston