Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 11:53 AM

131 posts, read 537,151 times

Advertisements

Good info on the high school BTW - I was having trouble finding out anything about it. No worries for us, as we don't have mini-me's running around (yet).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2012, 07:19 PM

27 posts, read 90,617 times
Thanks for the high school info. Any word on the middle school. Will Churchill and Cardiff be zoned to the new SL Junior High or to Woodcreek?

Thanks

Old 08-22-2012, 07:09 AM

302 posts, read 955,068 times
There were some 65' on the lake, but those were the first to go... I don't find the appeal of a lot on the lake to tell you the truth. Yes, you get a nice view, but you lose all privacy... and I believe they were going for $45K premium... and they are not very big... we got an oversized lot with the back towards the detention pond so we get no neighbors on the back... more land, less money...

IMO... the houses they are building on the 65' are too big for the size of the lot, so you get no land... they almost look like a townhouse, being so close together... they are large houses, but they do need larger lots....

Old 08-22-2012, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidrod8 View Post
There were some 65' on the lake, but those were the first to go... I don't find the appeal of a lot on the lake to tell you the truth. Yes, you get a nice view, but you lose all privacy... and I believe they were going for $45K premium... and they are not very big... we got an oversized lot with the back towards the detention pond so we get no neighbors on the back... more land, less money...

IMO... the houses they are building on the 65' are too big for the size of the lot, so you get no land... they almost look like a townhouse, being so close together... they are large houses, but they do need larger lots....
We ended up building across the street from the lake lots in CHF with a detention pond behind us. So we'll get some view/sound of the lake without the hassle.

It's tough to block your neighbor's view of your house/back yard with landscaping when they have 30' tall windows that are 20' from the fenceline. So I agree that lake lots definitely have some downsides.

As for middle schools - who knows, but I imagine most of the neighborhoods in that area will go towards the new schools being built in the area. But really no one knows what's up with future zoning.

Old 08-27-2012, 09:43 AM

We are about to sign a contract with Taylor Morrison for Churchill Farms 60 ft!

Hope it all goes well. Looking around, I decided to go with Churchill now rather than waiting for Cardiff next Feb - mar. That area is really sprouting new homes literally every day.

Old 08-27-2012, 11:52 AM

1,743 posts, read 3,818,989 times
I just can't get over the tax rates in some of these Katy neighborhoods. Is Churchill Farms 3.6% too?

Old 08-27-2012, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston321 View Post
I just can't get over the tax rates in some of these Katy neighborhoods. Is Churchill Farms 3.6% too?

Yes, 3.6 as per the information shared by the builders. It is a lot but I believe a large percentage is going to the schools and we should be paying reduced taxes down the road once the MUD component gets taken off.

Old 08-27-2012, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandi79 View Post
We are about to sign a contract with Taylor Morrison for Churchill Farms 60 ft!

Hope it all goes well. Looking around, I decided to go with Churchill now rather than waiting for Cardiff next Feb - mar. That area is really sprouting new homes literally every day.
Congrats! What plan and lot did you end up picking?

I believe the MUD will get paid down much quicker than much larger developments like Cinco (see Seven Meadows as an example). So there's at least hope that a few years down the road there might start seeing some small decreases in the MUD.

Old 08-28-2012, 11:00 AM

1,743 posts, read 3,818,989 times
I'll check back in a decade or so.

Old 08-30-2012, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston321 View Post
I'll check back in a decade or so.
On the MUD rate?

Seven Meadows paid theirs down very quickly. Just depends on the initial bond amount and how values do. I'm unsure if the retail/church by CHF will be paying into the same MUD fund or not. I'd imagine they would be, which will help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston