Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2013, 10:35 PM

3,530 posts, read 5,109,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae713 View Post
The best burgers in Houston are found here (closed Sunday and Monday like the barber shop):

Chief's Cajun Snack Shack - MacGregor - Houston, TX
Yeah, that looks like the kind of place that always has the best burgers. I tried Lankford Grocery and they are great too. Chief's reminds me a bit of Nations' or Pearl's here. Pearl's right on the edge of the Tenderloin, so it's a little sketchy, but the burgers are top-shelf.

By the way, for anyone in Houston too butthurt about not having In-N-Out, this place in Stafford is as good or better:

Tornado Burger. Best Burgers and Philly cheese steaks in Texas

They freely admit to taking cues from In-N-Out, but adding a little Texas in there. When I worked in Sugar Land, we used to check them out on the reg.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2013, 08:22 AM

9,221 posts, read 15,874,687 times
Yeah I can never finish Chief's burgers. They put the burger in the togo box and bury it in fries. The patty is so big and they put a lot of seasoning in it. And on the weekends they have boudin and BBQ that's pretty good too.

Old 08-14-2013, 08:30 AM

1,297 posts, read 3,084,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalparadise View Post
I think In-N-Out is great (vastly superior to Whataburger), but it's not a life-changing thing. The freshness and quality is remarkable for the price and I like the California vibe. The people who work there are young, intelligent, upwardly mobile people who are not going to make a career out of In-N-Out, unlike at many Whataburgers, where it seems like they hire people who can't get a job elsewhere. No frozen BS or processed veg., either. Fresh. That's their thing. Whataburger quality is around Dairy Queen in my book and their fakey-folksy attitudes and slow service have never appealed to me.

That all said, I live within easy walking distance of the In-N-Out near Fisherman's Wharf and have been there about three times in two years. So, like I said, don't be surprised if it doesn't change your life. Here in San Francisco, In-N-Out is more for tourists and suburban dwellers, as they are located in the hotspots for these groups.

It's a good value. It's clean. The people are bright and genuine and the food quality is high. What's not to like? It's still just a cheeseburger, though.

I like mine mustard-grilled with grilled onions and substitute ketchup and mustard for spread. Plus, I like my fries well-done. Basically, that's "Animal-style" without the spread, which I think is gross.

Spot on about the service and workers at whataburger. If they could up the way they present themselves wb could do a lot better in the southwest states like Arizona where many choose in n out over wb. I remember eating wb in Phoenix during lunch time and it bein dead. In n out is never dead lol.

After saying all of that though, I still give wb the edge over in n out. But that's my stomach and taste buds rating them. Like mentioned, in the end it's just a burger, and both to me are very delicious.

Old 08-14-2013, 09:53 AM

9,221 posts, read 15,874,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastontracks View Post
Spot on about the service and workers at whataburger. If they could up the way they present themselves wb could do a lot better in the southwest states like Arizona where many choose in n out over wb. I remember eating wb in Phoenix during lunch time and it bein dead. In n out is never dead lol.

After saying all of that though, I still give wb the edge over in n out. But that's my stomach and taste buds rating them. Like mentioned, in the end it's just a burger, and both to me are very delicious.
That could be just a regional thing though. Once the novelty wore off, the InOs in DFW were significantly less crowded. They became any other fast food spot. Whataburger always has long lines in this region. Anytime I drive by a Carl JRs here, they always look dead.

Old 08-14-2013, 10:40 AM

2,702 posts, read 6,003,281 times
So is it coming? Or is it NOT coming?

Old 08-14-2013, 10:40 AM

568 posts, read 1,122,006 times
Sorry, but the best burger I had was at Guy's Meat Market, but I digress.

I'm ambivalent regarding In and Out coming here now, the thrill is sorta gone.

Old 08-14-2013, 10:44 AM

29 posts, read 122,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanteuse d' Opéra View Post
So is it coming? Or is it NOT coming?
It's not, at least not in 2013. The last time I was in Dallas, one of the workers told me that In-N-Out decided to build out the Austin/San Antonio market first. She didn't have a Houston date for me. I would suspect late 2014/2015, but we're in the dark again. I'm sorry guys.

Old 08-14-2013, 11:01 AM
TXT

165 posts, read 236,914 times
Default InandOut May Be Locked out in Houston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schumacher713 View Post
You are comparing one of the best restaurants in Houston to fast food? How has their attitude screwed them? They had a drive through line over a mile long when they opened in Dallas. I am sure it will be no different here.

You obviously missed InandOut's recent unnecessary legal mess they caused against award-winning Underbelly, over a burger...which resulted in InandOut's utter embarrassment and the inception of a fabulous new burger at Underbelly called the 'Cease and Desist' burger...(referencing the mess).

Old 08-14-2013, 12:01 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,056,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae713 View Post
The best burgers in Houston are found here (closed Sunday and Monday like the barber shop):

Chief's Cajun Snack Shack - MacGregor - Houston, TX
LOL, you picked the most random place, but you right! My cousin got a salon just around the corner from there. The placed looked dirty with flies everywhere,but the burgers were GOOD!

Old 08-14-2013, 04:51 PM

3,530 posts, read 5,109,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXT View Post
You obviously missed InandOut's recent unnecessary legal mess they caused against award-winning Underbelly, over a burger...which resulted in InandOut's utter embarrassment and the inception of a fabulous new burger at Underbelly called the 'Cease and Desist' burger...(referencing the mess).
I looked up the story. Seems like a non issue. There was no legal mess or embarassment on either side. Underbelly tried to call their burger a "Double-Double" and In-N-Out, which now does business in Texas asked them not to. Underbelly complied. That sort of thing has happened thousands of times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston