Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 08:41 AM

16,508 posts, read 26,308,869 times

Advertisements

Sit on your porch with a 45. Have your wife in the back with the pump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2012, 09:53 AM

9,249 posts, read 26,693,254 times
They need to be made to clean up the park they destroyed and so do their parents. It's not cute, they're not smart and they won't grow out of it unless someone takes an interest in what they have been doing. None of my friends or myself growing up (as teenagers) did things that destructive. My dad said if I ever got into any legal trouble that I would have to sit in jail; he wouldn't bail me out. I was taught to respect property, be it mine or someone else's. Once, at my great grandma's house, we tore up her neighbors tall ornamental grass. We were very young at the time and just thought that the white fluffs at the top of it were pretty and picked a bunch of them, but my g grandma had the lady come over and we had to apologize to her personally. I stole gum from the store. My mom saw me with it (again, I was young, 5 or 6) took me back inside the store so I could return it to the store manager and apologize. Kids are never too young or too cute to learn from their mistakes or to be punished for them. It's kinds sad that so many parents check out of their kids lives like that.

Old 05-18-2012, 10:15 AM

9,053 posts, read 17,197,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by love roses View Post
They need to be made to clean up the park they destroyed and so do their parents. It's not cute, they're not smart and they won't grow out of it unless someone takes an interest in what they have been doing. None of my friends or myself growing up (as teenagers) did things that destructive. My dad said if I ever got into any legal trouble that I would have to sit in jail; he wouldn't bail me out. I was taught to respect property, be it mine or someone else's. Once, at my great grandma's house, we tore up her neighbors tall ornamental grass. We were very young at the time and just thought that the white fluffs at the top of it were pretty and picked a bunch of them, but my g grandma had the lady come over and we had to apologize to her personally. I stole gum from the store. My mom saw me with it (again, I was young, 5 or 6) took me back inside the store so I could return it to the store manager and apologize. Kids are never too young or too cute to learn from their mistakes or to be punished for them. It's kinds sad that so many parents check out of their kids lives like that.
You had good parents - sounds like these kids are being raised by wolves.

Old 05-19-2012, 12:25 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,913,302 times
When we lived in Louisiana, the playground at LaFreniere Park was badly damaged by teenagers using the slides a motorbike ramps. I don't know if they ever caught those kids.

Old 05-30-2012, 10:35 AM

670 posts, read 1,441,831 times
Teens charged with arson for igniting playground equipment | Newswatch | a Chron.com blog

Quote:
Three teens have been charged with arson after setting fire to a playground because one said they “had nothing better to do,” court records show.
Noah Bray, 17, Clayton Gunn, 17, and another teen suspect, who is a minor, are accused of setting fire to a slide in a park on April 8, according to court documents from the Harris County District Court.
Officers responded to a Crime Stoppers tip that Bray had been bragging about the fire. The students were interviewed at Klein Oak High School on April 30 and the teens confessed.
Bray told investigators that he and Gunn were lighting hand sanitizer at his house and then went to the park because they had nothing better to do. The boys then picked up the other teen and the three went to the park, she told investigators. Before leaving his house, Bray took a can of gasoline with him because they had discussed lighting something on fire, he told investiatgators.
Bray had trouble pouring the gas out of the can, so the other suspect poured the gas can down the slide and Bray ignited it. Gunn told police he did not see who started the fire.
Gunn and Bray are in custody.
Hopefully these are the same *******s. Care to add anymore insight deja blue?

Old 05-30-2012, 10:47 AM

7 posts, read 46,063 times
Hire the Guardian Angels.

Old 05-31-2012, 04:29 AM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,447,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marykate1 View Post
Dopo,

I do not think anyone would like to talk to them. Their parents know what they are up to since I saw one mom taking of those kids (16-17) years old and as that kid was passing our street he gave us middle finger using both his hands.
Humans are the most disturbing creatures on this planet and they are getting worse as time goes on.

Old 05-31-2012, 05:20 AM

342 posts, read 803,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post
Humans are the most disturbing creatures on this planet and they are getting worse as time goes on.
What are you bubbling about, you fish?

Old 05-31-2012, 02:36 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,447,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodwings19 View Post
What are you bubbling about, you fish?
No I don't fish.

Unfortunately humans have not evolved much in the way of acting horrendous towards others...the man eating the face off of another living man comes to mind. You don't have to look very far to find horrific human behavior all over this planet.

Back in the late 70's when I was bored as a teenager and snuck out with my friends the last thing on our agenda for entertainment was destroying things. I think people are becoming numb to the constant daily bombardment of bad human behavior such that petty crimes don't seem so bad to them.

There are a lot of really good people on this planet. Too bad we mostly hear about the bad behaving and evil ones.

Old 06-01-2012, 01:19 PM

3,283 posts, read 6,051,293 times
for anyone who works with families - we KNOW people were scum back in the 40s and 50s like there are scum in this world today.

a lot of messed up kids can be traced to messed up parents, their messed up parents, THEIR messed up parents.

the whole creepy uncle/grandfather thing is a historical fact. horrible
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston