Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2014, 12:59 PM

352 posts, read 777,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by azinwood View Post
i'm still confused why people don't get an eztag. they cost next to nothing and you can carry a very small amount on them.

if i didn't have an eztag I'd blow through the eztag lane, wait for the bill, negotiate the admin fees off and just pay whatever you used.

EzTag is the biggest scam in America.

15 dollar admin fee for what?

They bill your account when it hits $10. They expect you to forget to check your balance each time. Thus what if there isn't $10 in the account or you switch banks? You get the toll plus a fee and they will send it to collections as quickly as they can.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2014, 02:12 PM

183 posts, read 380,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waytoodeep03 View Post

They bill your account when it hits $10. They expect you to forget to check your balance each time. Thus what if there isn't $10 in the account or you switch banks? You get the toll plus a fee and they will send it to collections as quickly as they can.
Not exactly....I forgot if youre allowed to pick your $ amount when they re-up youre account. My account gets charged everytime I get to $25 remaining. If youre worried about not having the funds in your account, either use a credit card number for your account, or dont use the toll roads.

Dont forget service/admin fees are typically added for things that make youre life easier...such as driving through the ez lane instead of stopping and waiting at the gate to pay cash.

Old 03-13-2014, 02:37 PM

392 posts, read 998,313 times
It can go either way; you can get royally fcked or you can get a nice enough person who just waives the fees and charges you the tolls (call in or go in person).

If they are not relenting on the fees just hang up and call back in 15 minutes and try with someone else lol. Been working for me so far and I have been in the same situation 3 or 4 times now.

Old 03-13-2014, 02:39 PM

392 posts, read 998,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoubengal1982 View Post
Not exactly....I forgot if youre allowed to pick your $ amount when they re-up youre account. My account gets charged everytime I get to $25 remaining. If youre worried about not having the funds in your account, either use a credit card number for your account, or dont use the toll roads.

Dont forget service/admin fees are typically added for things that make youre life easier...such as driving through the ez lane instead of stopping and waiting at the gate to pay cash.

Old 03-13-2014, 09:00 PM

2,052 posts, read 5,869,623 times
Quote:

???? I've never paid any fees. I purposely use a check card on an account I only keep a few dollars in that does not allow overdrafts, as the card on my EZTag account. It rejects the $40 recharge transaction and I get an email notification of the reject. Then I can manually pay whatever amount I want into the account to keep it above the $10 amount. Been doing this for years.

Now if your account drops below zero, they do suspend your account and if you run through the EZTag lanes again, they will treat it just like you don't have an account. Fines and collection charges and such. But as long as you don't let the balance get below zero, there are no extra fees.

Old 03-14-2014, 08:03 AM

682 posts, read 1,941,163 times
Quote:

How is it a scam?

If you use EzTag it is your responsibility to know how much money you have in your account and make sure it is linked to the right account, not theirs. How is it any different if you are out spending money using a check or debit card? If you don't have the money in your account the purchase is denied or your account balance goes negative and you get charges from your bank for overdraft.

Old 04-07-2015, 05:46 PM

1 posts, read 2,855 times
I got a bill for 800.00 for going through ten tolls in Houston believing I had an active txtag. A year later I get this bill in the mail and told I have to pay it because the unpaid tolls were referred to an attorney. I check into the txtag account and find out my tag was suspended because it was negative at the time. This is bull****. If anyone has any advice i would appreciate it. I discovered the account was negative because at that time my bank cut my debit card off and issued another one due to a breach. Houston toll road says the statements they mailed out were returned to sensed so they know I'm telling the truth about moving. I forwarded my mail each time I moved but Harris county till road authority won't reduce any of the fees. I told them I'm willing to pay the tolls and late fees but the collection and attorney fees was absurd.

Old 04-07-2015, 06:21 PM

3,276 posts, read 7,842,313 times
You are sent to Hell when you die.

Old 04-07-2015, 06:47 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,202,565 times
Quote:
How is this any different from any other bill like credit card or utility bill you may have on auto debit? If you switch banks it's up to you to notify all the creditors you have billing your account.

Old 04-08-2015, 08:56 AM

670 posts, read 1,441,079 times
Quote:
Thus what if there isn't $10 in the account or you switch banks? You get the toll plus a fee and they will send it to collections as quickly as they can.
Hmmm, yeah, it's called personal accountability, what a novel idea eh? So it's their fault if your credit card becomes inactive because you switched banks? Some people...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston