Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2012, 03:32 PM

1 posts, read 1,639 times

Advertisements

Hi there,
I'm new to posting in these forums although I've been reading them for years. My family and I are thinking of moving to Green Trails in Katy ISD (although considered Houston still). I love the area because of the big trees and I've been keeping up with HAR.com postings and boy those houses are off the market within days of being put on. My first concern is - do you know if young families live in this area? I have two young boys (2 years and 8 mos) and I want to move into a neighborhood with other young kids as well. Since it's older, I want to be sure it's still getting young families since it is still a good option for those working in the energy corridor. Next - my husband would rather buy a new house in Cinco Ranch. We both like the location of Green Trails, but husband likes a new house over older houses. I, myself, am more comfortable being close to I-10 since all my friends and family live in town or in suburbs on the opposite side of Houston. We are moving from the Rice Military area, so being in town has been what we've been used to for years. And, I like older houses. But I want to do what's best for our kids. Any advice would be very helpful.

(I'm a stay at home mom and my husband works off 290 and belt 8. All his family lives in Cinco, so he's aware of the commute, etc.; price of house is not an issue.)

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2012, 10:47 AM

243 posts, read 485,090 times
I could have posted your message. Green Trails is where we've wanted to move to for the last few months. However, the rate at which the good houses fly off the market there has been frustrating for us as homebuyers. We have started to look in Cinco as well although I'd much prefer Green Trails due to the location and the fact that the area is completely built out. Public schools are equally good in Green Trails/Cinco. I do think traffic on I-10 is getting worse as the economy booms so the closer you are to town, the better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: