Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you fly United out of Houston?
Will always fly United 5 8.20%
Might fly United 3 4.92%
Neutral, would fly any airline out of Houston 14 22.95%
Might not fly United 24 39.34%
Will never fly United 15 24.59%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 06:22 AM

391 posts, read 923,741 times

Advertisements

After Houston City Council approved expansion at Hobby Airport, United Airlines immediately said it would cancel routes and eliminate 1,300 jobs in Houston. As we all know, this was probably said in the heat of the moment because United Airlines didn't get its way.

My question to Houstonians, what do you feel about United Airlines now? Even before this incident there has been nothing but negative publicity about United Airlines in Houston. So lets here it Houston, what do you think of United Airlines?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2012, 07:13 AM

118 posts, read 254,654 times
I loved Continental and tried to fly with them all the time.
I'm one of the "might fly Uniteds" now, as it will all come down to price and flight schedules for me.
I'm eager to see Southwest's new routes as they generally have great prices.

Old 06-01-2012, 07:40 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,257,484 times
I feel like United is the best thing that has happened to Houston since the Oil bust.

Old 06-01-2012, 08:07 AM

954 posts, read 1,551,985 times
Every city in this country with a hub-operation ******* about the resident hub-operator, and every city in this country without a hub-operation ******* because they don't have one. So what else is new today ?

Old 06-01-2012, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stop-go View Post
I loved Continental and tried to fly with them all the time.
I'm one of the "might fly Uniteds" now, as it will all come down to price and flight schedules for me.
I'm eager to see Southwest's new routes as they generally have great prices.
The thing I like about Southwest is that they fly 737's even if it is to a small destination like Lubbock. I really don't like flying on small "puddle jumpers" that United so loves to fly even to larger places like Minneapolis!

There are so many factors for me that keep me away from United besides their aircraft type... customer service and lengthy delays are a killer! Other factors that just make me hate United is the fact that took the corporate headquarters from Houston, turned Continental from the greatest airline to arguably the worst airline on the planet and their reaction to Southwest which shows United has no possible way of dealing with industry change except by using threats which is extremely unprofessional.

In my mind, United doesn't exist as an option for flying!

Old 06-01-2012, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBaker488 View Post
Every city in this country with a hub-operation ******* about the resident hub-operator, and every city in this country without a hub-operation ******* because they don't have one. So what else is new today ?
Houston doesn't complain about Southwest and never complained about Continental... this all started when United took over because things drastically changed for the worse.

Old 06-01-2012, 09:00 AM

279 posts, read 725,539 times
Most of us knew they were a (rhymes with "gritty") airline before the merger and knew that what we have now would be the result.

Old 06-01-2012, 09:09 AM

9,273 posts, read 26,522,892 times
I "might not fly United" if better options are available for European travel when I need to go. Just depends. I really HATE the regional jets they are stick us in for flights to the east coast. Really never had a complaint with Continental.

I don't like Southwest and won't fly them.Hobby is not nearly as easy to get to from the west side. I won't get into the laundry list of experiences I've had flying with them.

Old 06-01-2012, 12:41 PM

2,639 posts, read 8,298,139 times
They took a great airline and ruined it. Moved corporate offices out of Houston and we are suppose to thank them? United is the pits...miss Continental.

Old 06-01-2012, 01:26 PM

3,333 posts, read 9,184,279 times
Don't complain. There have been countless major companies that have moved to Houston because we don't have unitary tax laws and no state income tax. United sux, but so did Continental (just less) IMHO. All airlines except a few (Alaska Air comes to mind) suck.

Ronnie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston