Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 01:21 PM

27 posts, read 83,546 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beto View Post
Multifamily or Single Family?

Multifamily
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2012, 01:40 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,111,665 times
Get an apartment locator - they do not charge you and they will know the area. Google apartment locator Houston Inner Loop.

Old 06-14-2012, 01:52 PM

1,650 posts, read 3,779,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamue51kcmo View Post
How is the Cypress Texas area?
Extremely congested. Way too many people and not enough roads to support the still growing population.
Other than that, it's nice, especially the wooded areas.

Old 06-14-2012, 02:33 PM

6 posts, read 19,998 times
Speaking from 15 years of experience I can tell you that the traffic in this area can get bad, but it really depends on where you're gonna work and when. To/from downtown can be rough, but the new HOV lane really helps out and can cut your commute time significantly. If your work is going to be around I45N, then perhaps consider something in the conroe or the woodlands, keeping in mind that traffic is bad pretty much everywhere at certain times of the day.

Old 06-14-2012, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryjohns View Post
Get an apartment locator - they do not charge you and they will know the area. Google apartment locator Houston Inner Loop.

I tried that, but i would really like a house, my wife wants me to rent an apt until we get to know the city, then get a house in a year or 2.

Old 06-14-2012, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merkeljames View Post
Speaking from 15 years of experience I can tell you that the traffic in this area can get bad, but it really depends on where you're gonna work and when. To/from downtown can be rough, but the new HOV lane really helps out and can cut your commute time significantly. If your work is going to be around I45N, then perhaps consider something in the conroe or the woodlands, keeping in mind that traffic is bad pretty much everywhere at certain times of the day.

Im sorry, but what is an HOV lane.......

Old 06-14-2012, 03:39 PM

2,052 posts, read 5,835,741 times
Quote:
Im sorry, but what is an HOV lane.......
HOvercraft Vehicle lane... No, actually High Occupancy Vehicle lane, or a carpool lane with 2+ riders per car. That is how the park and ride buses can get downtown from the suburbs a lot faster than regular traffic during rush hour.

Old 06-14-2012, 04:11 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,111,665 times
Quote:
I tried that, but i would really like a house, my wife wants me to rent an apt until we get to know the city, then get a house in a year or 2.
Renting is not a bad plan for someone that works inside the Loop (you mentioned Downtown in your first post). If you worked elsewhere, it's easier to buy that first year. Your location would come closer to lining up your house location choices.

Downtown workers are different in that preference could be anywhere on the spoke, depending on commute time desired, cost per square foot on house, and schools.

Old 06-15-2012, 11:32 AM

84 posts, read 192,159 times
I lived in Cypress area for 7 years. As long as your work commute doesn't involves the 8am-5pm time-frame and you dont' have head to downtown or nearby areas than you are fine and the area is great. Otherwise the traffic is a nightmare. I moved out of the area and living near the loop just because of the daily horrible commute that I had to do to my job located near Astrodome.

Old 12-13-2012, 02:48 PM

2 posts, read 3,329 times
I moved from Spring to Cypress, Texas. It is like Spring was 30 years ago, new and clean. Spring is still a nice area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston