Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2012, 03:39 PM

8,928 posts, read 14,338,208 times

Advertisements

Personally, I'd have to be getting paid atleast 50% more than I make now for me to be convinced to leave Houston for San Antonio.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2012, 03:58 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,622,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by royal744 View Post
It is completely untrue that the Riverwalk has become "more dangerous". In fact it is very safe. Where do you get your information from? Crime rates in San Antonio have been falling for a number of years. The Riverwalk has been expanded dramatically in both a northerly and southerly direction and it makes Buffalo Bayou look like a buffalo wallow. No wonder San Antonio is the most visited city in the state. Just remember this: on weekends hotel rates in Houston fall; in San Antonio they go up. That should tell you something.

The unemployment rate in San Antonio is 7% or less, way ahead of the national average. The feds have poured in hundreds of billions of dollars since BRAC closed so many bases around the country. SA has a medical center second only to Houston's in this state and that includes Austin, Dallas, Ft Worth and Corpus Christi combined. As for history and historic architecture, no city in Texas comes close. San Antonio was a real city when Houston wasn't even a glimmer in a developer's eye.
There are many good things to say about every Texas city. San Antonio just has so many good things to say about it.
You know just cuz a city is a great place to visit doesn't mean it's a great place to live. Case and point New Orleans is a great place to visit and has more charm then San Tone imo. Don't mean I would choose to live in the 504. I'll give you the fact that San Antonio is a tourist destination but outside of that it gets boring and less to offer for somebody like me. I have friends from San Antonio that either plan on moving to Houston or Austin or always complain about San Tone. And I always tell them, You guys have the Alamo,Six Flags, Seaworld, Riverwalk and they always respond back, Yeah thats cool for kids and tourist thats about it. Not much outside of that. Maybe because there black and it's not a huge black population. I just get that feeling from them that San Tone caters more to mexican americcans first and everything else is scraps. While Houston offers something for everbody aside from being a haven for tourist which most locals in any city avoid anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhettoAirJordan View Post
Never been to Houston so maybe there's like 1 Cali person or so...It doesn't matter we know SA has twice as many but... your right SA lacks young professionals and high tech industry...but Houston is more expensive hands down!.... you live under a rock, lazy, poor, antisocial, loner, or your not young if you ended up here and had nothing to do.....Houston has a big city, Houston has palm trees, Houston apparently maybe has Cali people, so do we its not an easy decision choose wisely
Man you sound weird and obssessed over Californians. Lol, And here in Houston we have ppl moving from all over the world. Houston is more international city and offers alot more then San Antonio.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston