Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2012, 09:47 PM

6 posts, read 42,573 times

Advertisements

Hello! My sister is having a hard time to take care of everything in her house lately, and needs some help to take off some loads of the house work. She is looking for a cleaning lady who is reliable, affordable and can perform the work with minimum supervision. Can anybody recommend one? She prefer a cleaning lady living in Sugar Land or the Southwest Houston area. Thanks in advance for any help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2012, 09:49 PM

66 posts, read 117,736 times
just hire some mexicans at the home depot by viet hoa. they'll clean your house for 5 dollars.

Old 05-26-2012, 09:56 PM

6 posts, read 42,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonlol View Post
just hire some mexicans at the home depot by viet hoa. they'll clean your house for 5 dollars.
I hope you are just kidding. In addition, I don't think my sister will feel comfortable to hire ANYBODY to work in her house just because it's cheap.

Old 07-25-2012, 12:38 PM

2 posts, read 4,675 times
First off its ok to want a cheap cleaning lady but if you really want really cheap then the job won't get done right. And if you think its easy to clean a house it isn't housekeeping is a career itself and a proferssional one as well alot of people start their own business and retire very well doing the dirty job other can't. So it is very disrespectful to assume mexicans are the only ones who clean homes. It is very discriminating and very ignorant of your part to even make such a comment like that. I don't find it funny but insulting although I am not mexican. Did your mother not teach you if you can't say anything nice about someone don't make a fool out of yourself and say anything at all. In other words stay quiet and don't comment. GOD BLESS YOU

Old 07-25-2012, 12:39 PM

2 posts, read 4,675 times
I am in the process of starting my own cleaning service and may be of assistance to you.

Old 07-25-2012, 01:05 PM

3,333 posts, read 9,171,487 times
Wow, another straight man post where one tees the other up to post an advertisement in disguise. I wouldn't hire anyone from a start up company, let alone coming into my house for cleaning. Find someone with experience and good references.

Ronnie

Old 07-26-2012, 10:27 AM

2,639 posts, read 8,286,237 times
The best place to find a cleaning lady is thru your friends and neighbors. Ask people at church or school etc...
I always ask my yard man for recommendations like that and he always knows someone that paints,trims trees etc...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: