Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 07:02 PM

1,475 posts, read 2,771,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas7 View Post
Again.....not normal July weather but then you wouldn't know that -- you don't live here.

I spend a lot of time in Houston and I'm aware of the normal ranges. My point to posting the temps was not to show normal temps but rather show how people will "complain" even when it's not boiling out. Mission accomplished.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2012, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DejaBlue View Post
Calm the crap down dude. Geez.

The whole "well then move" tidbit from really anyone is one of the most immature rants around. The exclamation points don't help you either on maturity.

A number is one thing but it FEELS like another. The thermostat can say 85 when it feels 95 and that's the Houston heat. The humidity makes it feel at least 10+ degrees hotter than what the books say.
If you don't want to live there, then don't! Seriously, are you telling me that whatever job they have does not exist outside of Houston? The same people who ***** about the heat also ***** about how the TX economy is over rated and it's not really all that. Perfect. Then move somewhere else where the economy is better and the weather is cooler. Ever heard of the phrase "shouting at the rain"?

Old 07-11-2012, 07:08 PM

8,895 posts, read 19,999,878 times
You're just as bad as those you complain about - you are complaining about people complaining about the heat in a city that you don't even live in - so you aren't in the weather or even around those people on a daily basis. You appear to be a chronic complainer yourself -- complaining about something that shouldn't even matter to you.

Old 07-11-2012, 07:33 PM

Quote:
You're just as bad as those you complain about - you are complaining about people complaining about the heat in a city that you don't even live in - so you aren't in the weather or even around those people on a daily basis. You appear to be a chronic complainer yourself -- complaining about something that shouldn't even matter to you.
Right and your complaining about my complaining. See, we can play this game all night long. It's one big circle jerk. My original point is valid and others have agreed. Look, it's really simple, if you really hate the weather that bad, move. I know a lot of people who moved out of Chicago because they just couldn't take the cold and snow any longer and they left really good jobs.

But for the last time, I'm not denying that it's hot in Vegas or Orlando or Phoenix or Houston in the middle of August. My gripe was with people saying it's boiling hot 9 months out of the year when factually it simply isn't. In fact, not only is it not, it's arguably downright gorgeous with the except few that are bothered by temps in the 60's and 70's. And for those people WTF are you doing living in TX?

Old 07-11-2012, 10:20 PM

2,945 posts, read 4,991,946 times
Quote:
Now this is one convoluted jumble but you're right.

BTW, I didn't even realize jerk74 didn't even live in Houston. Unless you've lived here at least a year you have no room to talk about the weather because you don't have the full 365 effect

Coming to visit for a few days or weeks isn't enough. Just because your handle weather map says X number doesn't mean it feels like that.

Old 07-12-2012, 08:36 AM

23,016 posts, read 34,383,749 times
Quote:
BTW, I didn't even realize jerk74 didn't even live in Houston. Unless you've lived here at least a year you have no room to talk about the weather because you don't have the full 365 effect

Coming to visit for a few days or weeks isn't enough. Just because your handle weather map says X number doesn't mean it feels like that.

Old 07-12-2012, 06:52 PM

29 posts, read 65,480 times
This thread was kinda funny and entertaining in one. I think jek74 need a girlfriend or boyfriend, a hug, a drink, and therapy....just sayin.

Old 07-12-2012, 07:04 PM

8,895 posts, read 19,999,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unsure soul View Post
This thread was kinda funny and entertaining in one. I think jek74 need a girlfriend or boyfriend, a hug, a drink, and therapy....just sayin.
lol

Old 07-12-2012, 10:54 PM

8,928 posts, read 14,339,761 times
Quote:
Calm the crap down dude. Geez.

The whole "well then move" tidbit from really anyone is one of the most immature rants around. The exclamation points don't help you either on maturity.

A number is one thing but it FEELS like another. The thermostat can say 85 when it feels 95 and that's the Houston heat. The humidity makes it feel at least 10+ degrees hotter than what the books say.
No offense, DejaBlue, but in jek's defense, this a good example of the exaggerations that have been mentioned. He may not live here, but I have, since childhood.

Houston's humidity is not always that intense that we're seeing heat index values that are 10+ degrees higher than the actual temp. It's common, sure, but it's not an every day thing. Plus, Houston is not alone in this, as half the southeast regularly sees similar conditions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston