Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2012, 09:51 PM

702 posts, read 1,236,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by danieloneil01 View Post
You barely stand by it and only when someone catches the problem that isn't doing the actual work and isn't a push over.

And why this OP is giving you guys a 3rd chance is beyond retarded in this economy. I'd have walked after the first issue on what he's says happened. Housing market has been in the crapper and you have a Supervisor telling the home owner we're not fixing the issue when it's obvious they did a crap job. I'd hate to see what's behind the sheetrock.
I'm going with a different builder. I found a awesome builder thanks to Cheryjohns. It's closer to my target location and in the school zone I originally wanted (Klein HS). Like everyone mentioned earlier, I highly recommend a realtor now that I've experienced the joy of using one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2012, 04:40 AM

76 posts, read 257,679 times
Personally, I am a little offended that a rep from Chesmar would come on this forum to stick up for Chesmar when they won't or are fighting hard not to, fix major problems! Windows should be level. Basic 101. I am a housewife with basic tool experience, yet even I know how to use a level! These are major issues which should be fixed. I understand that to fix it will require more time & expense out of the builder, however the construction supervisor should have caught these mistakes long before this point. If the construction manager didn't find it, their inspector should have. However, they should all be fixed without issue. The fact that Chesmar (the actual sales person/construction manager involved) would try to wiggle out of fixing it is awful and the reason why the buyer should run.

To make matters worse, the buyer is in the military and fights for our country. He is away from his friends & families for our greater good...and this is how he is treated?? It's unacceptable regardless of him being in the military, but infuriates me even more because he is military. He is not able to just drive home after work or on the weekends to check on the status of the house being built. He is doing everything out of state and depending on the integrity of the builder to give him a wonderful product. It didn't happen.

Old 07-14-2012, 06:24 AM

11 posts, read 71,410 times
I appreciate all the feedback regarding this home. I am a veteran myself, so I can assure you we respect the sacrifices of all our service members. I will not discuss the specifics of this home, nor any specific item. I have been in direct contact with the original poster.

I will be in the community of Northcrest today from 12:00 to 1:00, and if anyone would like to inspect our homes I would welcome the feedback. We work very hard to provide a high quality home and we stand behind them.

Old 07-14-2012, 08:43 AM

23,971 posts, read 15,075,178 times
What honycombe said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston