Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2012, 09:37 AM

1 posts, read 3,134 times

Advertisements

My DH and LO are moving to Fairfield. What section and builder would you recommend? Our budget at the time is 250K.. Please help! I picked that neighborhood because of the schools, the activities they have to offer. We are planning on having another child soon and it just seems like a great place for a young family
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2012, 11:47 AM

2,052 posts, read 5,880,513 times
In that price range anything in Fairfield is nice. Just be aware the Grand Parkway will be going through just west of Fairfield. The more inportant question in selecting Fairfield is, where are you working? Traffic towards downtown is really bad and will be for several years until the 290 construction is completed. My BIL lives off Mueschke Rd. right before Fairfield and it can take 45 min up to an hour to get to Loop 610 at times. My SIL lived next to the Outlet mall, and it took her about the same time to reach her office by Memorial City Mall off I-10 and Gessner.

There are a few builders with basic homes in the $250s or so, but if you want upgrades, that will add to the price. The cheaper sections are in the upper $100s. Lennar and Village are both good builders, the others are smaller builders that I don't know much about. Trendmaker would be my choice, but they are out of your price range.

Good luck!

Old 07-25-2012, 12:12 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,216,487 times
Have you considered re-sale homes? The new construction left at Fairfield is very, very close to the Grand Parkway.

Old 07-25-2012, 12:29 PM

1,461 posts, read 5,602,110 times
The Grand Parkway will be going through the back of Fairfield and steps are in place to alleviate the sound of vehicles with sound barrier walls, which is part of Segment F-2. I would recommend looking at Highland Homes and Westin Homes.

Old 07-25-2012, 01:13 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,216,487 times
Those sound barrer walls don't work all that well.

Another alternative is Bridgeland a little to the south, if you definately want new. Right now the new construction is near where Mason Road will be - make sure you are not too close to the road.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston