Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 01:38 PM

1,045 posts, read 2,154,391 times

Advertisements

Make sure you get to the game early for some tailgaiting!

They Hyatt is fine, but it's about a 5 - 10 minute walk or so to the bars. I would stay at the Hotel Icon, Magnolia, or Alden if you aren't worried about money due to there location.

Like others haver said, downtown isn't really a party spot but there are some good bars. However I rememebr the Green Bay fans travel well and downtown was packed full of them. Good people to drink with and we they were welcome to join at the tailgates if they weren't too obnoxious.

Midtown, Montrose, and Washington Ave. are all a cheap cab ride away.

Last edited by Mr. Krinkle; 08-09-2012 at 01:46 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2012, 08:26 PM

164 posts, read 329,957 times
Packers fans travel extremely well so it should be a good time.

I will take a look at those other hotels..

I am still thinking downtown one night and relient area for game night.. possibly crowne plaza

Old 08-10-2012, 08:51 PM

613 posts, read 1,002,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gator24765 View Post
Hello everyone.

My brother and I will be making a trip to Houston in October for a Texans game. Niether of us has been to Relient for an NFL and have really been to Houston either.

We will be staying two nights, Saturday and Sunday. The game is on Sunday Night.

Here are my main questions.

How is downtown Houston as far as going out at night and just waling around in general? We are more into the bar scene and not the club scene.. We are considering staying one night in Downtown then one night across the street from the Stadium. ; or should we stay two night across from the stadium and just transport downtown?

Second, we are looking for tickets up in the upper deck. Is every seat in Relient a good one, even upperdeck endzone or upperdeck corners?

Finally, are there some cool sports bars right near relient?

I believe that is all for now.

P.S. If it helps, we will be traveling to support the opposing team, the Packers.

Thanks!
You didn't have to mention that you are a Packers fan, I could tell from the poor spelling, grammar and punctuation. It was pretty obvious.

(Before anybody thinks I am being too nasty, I am a native Chicagoan and lifelong Bears fan. It is my sworn duty to harass Packers fans whenever possible).

Old 08-12-2012, 06:02 PM

164 posts, read 329,957 times
For all of you who have been to Relient.. What do you think would be a better view for the game as all of these are similar priced tickets..

1) Upperdeck corner 2) Upperdeck endzone

Old 08-12-2012, 08:58 PM

613 posts, read 1,002,222 times
I've generally found upper deck corner to be better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston