Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 07:15 AM

7,887 posts, read 11,400,197 times

Advertisements

For the Channelview work location and your list of desires, Kingwood is the best option by a good measure. Its got good schools, is safe, is not a bad commute to channelview compared to most other options you have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2012, 05:18 PM

3 posts, read 6,202 times
Thank you everyone for your valuable information/input .This is very helpful.My family is going through a lot as we try to decide where we will finally move to.My mind is churning crazy trying not to make mistakes for my family.Okay, based on reasonable commutes(downtown, Houston and Channelview) , I guess Kingswood , Friendswood and Pearland are the winners.

1.Can anyone living in Friendswood or with thorough knowledge about Friendswood provide me with the most desirable sections/subsections/zipcodes or best elementary , middle , high school?

2.Does Friendswood experience hurricanes and flooding?
3.Are there sport activities like basketball, track , swim teams, rowing and karate?
4.How about summer activities?
5.My kids are not good at making new friends , Is Friendswood welcoming to new kids?

2. Can I ask the same questions for Pearland?
Can anyone living in Pearland or with thorough knowledge about Pearland provide me with the most desirable sections/subsections/zipcodes or best elementary , middle , high school?

3.Are there sport activities like basketball, track , swim teams, rowing and karate?
5.My kids are not good at making new friends , Is Pearland welcoming to new kids?

Can I ask the same questions about Kingswood?

Can anyone living in Kingswood or with thorough knowledge about Kingswood provide me with the most desirable sections/subsections/zipcodes or best elementary , middle , high school?

5.My kids are not good at making new friends , Is Pearland welcoming to new kids?

As you can tell my mind is going crazy/nuts about this move!!!!I appreciate all your input.

Old 08-10-2012, 05:55 PM

4,244 posts, read 8,756,463 times
Anyone who's recomending Katy is out of their freaking minds.....Kingwood, Summerwood or Fall Creek is your best options and it isn't even close.

btw, I'd also take Pearland, and Friendswoods off of your list.

http://www.summerwoodtx.com/

http://kingwood.com/

http://www.fallcreekhouston.com/

Old 08-10-2012, 05:56 PM

7,887 posts, read 11,400,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chifinya View Post
Thank you everyone for your valuable information/input .This is very helpful.My family is going through a lot as we try to decide where we will finally move to.My mind is churning crazy trying not to make mistakes for my family.Okay, based on reasonable commutes(downtown, Houston and Channelview) , I guess Kingswood , Friendswood and Pearland are the winners.

1.Can anyone living in Friendswood or with thorough knowledge about Friendswood provide me with the most desirable sections/subsections/zipcodes or best elementary , middle , high school?

2.Does Friendswood experience hurricanes and flooding?
5.My kids are not good at making new friends , Is Friendswood welcoming to new kids?

2. Can I ask the same questions for Pearland?
Can anyone living in Pearland or with thorough knowledge about Pearland provide me with the most desirable sections/subsections/zipcodes or best elementary , middle , high school?

Can I ask the same questions about Kingswood?

Can anyone living in Kingswood or with thorough knowledge about Kingswood provide me with the most desirable sections/subsections/zipcodes or best elementary , middle , high school?

As you can tell my mind is going crazy/nuts about this move!!!!I appreciate all your input.
Kingwood (not Kingswood) is a sports minded school, they are consistently one of the top in many sports like swiming ans basketball. Its an energy business mecca which means you get a lot of transfers in and out so they are use to new kids coming and going as well as is pretty international as a result as well. The schools have good academics and gymnasics are good in the area as well. There are some suggestions on which neighborhoods to look in posts above. I cant speak to the other locations but believe you will find kingwood exceptional as a place to live and raise kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston