Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 03:03 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,144,476 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth713 View Post
yes because we know nothing ouside of hip hop and gold chains..whatever.. i do not understand why people act shocked when a rep for a minority distict , takes up minority causes.. no one says boo when a rep in a wealthy district fights a wal-mart then he is just speaking for his district right ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
What about people that are mixed?
Do they know "just a little" about them?
Most Americans don't know much about the Sikh community, which would include black people. So yes I stand by might statement for the P.C. police.

"The Sikh religion is unfamiliar to most Americans who mistake Sikhs in the traditional turban hair covering alternatively as either Muslims or Hindus. They are neither. Sikhism originated in the Punjab region in India about 500 years ago. One tenet of this sect is that men do not cut their hair. The turban is also considered sacred and keeps their hair manageable for everyday activities."

Sikh Temple | Law Enforcement Today

Temple shooting dredges up memories of long history of bias crimes against Sikhs - CNN
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2012, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlionjr View Post
The crazy thing is a racist killed innocent ppl in a place of worship and ppl are disgusted by a political figure speaking on behalf of a targeted minority instead of the killer.
The problem is, she's not doing becuase she cares(Im pretty sure if a group of white christians got shot up she wouldn't say a word) she's doing it because she's never seen a camera she didn't like Hell she flew out to LA to speak at Michaels Jacksons funneral. What the Hell does that have to do with Houston, or Texas.

Who Paid for Sheila Jackson Lee’s Visit to Michael Jackson’s Funeral? « Commentary Magazine

Old 08-09-2012, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glossa View Post
I will never understand how she keeps getting enough votes to stay in office.
That's what happens when you have congressional districts built around race, instead of natural geographic bounddaries.

Old 08-09-2012, 03:20 PM

418 posts, read 742,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
That's what happens when you have congressional districts built around race, instead of natural geographic bounddaries.
But don't the people in her district watch the news and see her out there making a fool of herself? I would be so embarrassed to have her as my representative! She's clearly just in it for the attention.

Old 08-09-2012, 03:38 PM

23,972 posts, read 15,075,178 times
Ted Poe is as big of a camera hog as SJL. Nobody complains about him sticking his nose into everything. His constituents consider he is just doing his job.

Old 08-09-2012, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Ted Poe is as big of a camera hog as SJL. Nobody complains about him sticking his nose into everything. His constituents consider he is just doing his job.
Show me a case of Poe going to California to speak at a celebrity's(that he didn't even know) funeral?

Old 08-09-2012, 04:04 PM

18,129 posts, read 25,278,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlionjr View Post
The crazy thing is a racist killed innocent ppl in a place of worship and ppl are disgusted by a political figure speaking on behalf of a targeted minority instead of the killer.
It's obvious which one is worse = SJL (sarcasm)

Old 08-09-2012, 04:22 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,597,926 times
Quote:
Show me a case of Poe going to California to speak at a celebrity's(that he didn't even know) funeral?
Don't know about Poe but SJL did know MJ. He met with the CBC and other members of congress inlcuding the President several times in the past on Aids awareness. She was probably asked to speak and more than likely her trip was paid for by the organizers.

You people whine too much.

Old 08-09-2012, 05:05 PM

23,972 posts, read 15,075,178 times
Like I said Poe does not offend.

I can think of several times when I wished he were minding the store instead of going off on tangents. 90% of his voters do not mind.

Old 08-09-2012, 05:12 PM

4,379 posts, read 4,621,029 times
Quote:
The problem is, she's not doing becuase she cares(Im pretty sure if a group of white christians got shot up she wouldn't say a word) she's doing it because she's never seen a camera she didn't like Hell she flew out to LA to speak at Michaels Jacksons funneral. What the Hell does that have to do with Houston, or Texas.

Who Paid for Sheila Jackson Lee’s Visit to Michael Jackson’s Funeral? « Commentary Magazine
Well untill a group of white christians get shot up let's save the scenerios that hasn't even happened yet for another argument. Either way I am not a fan of her by any means but she's no different then most politicians. Politics Politricks. And politicians don't fly and speak at funerals? And have you ever thought maybe the Jackson family asked her to speak. It's not like she invited her own self and walked on stage by herself. No one can somebody do that at a funeral. Think about it man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston